Community discussions

MikroTik App

TrisT
just joined
Topic Author

[Solved] E3372 won't show up as a port or interface, only as a resource.

Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:38 pm

Hi, I got an E3372 in order to give the mikrotik router (CRS125-24G-1S-2HnD-IN) direct access to the "internet", so far I had been using the only wifi interface as a client and receiving from a crappy hotspot.
As in the title: the E3372 shows up as a resource, but there are no signs of it anywhere else that I know off. I read about this, it seemed to be pretty straight forward and the E3372 is in the compatibility list so I really don't see why this shouldn't be working, the modem works fine on my PC, and the router always worked flawlessly, not that I ever tried connecting anything USB to it tho.
I'm also not very experienced or knowledgeable about router OS in general, so chances are I'm missing something huge here, but I'd like to get this to work.

Thank you for your time.
Last edited by TrisT on Tue Aug 30, 2016 1:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

pe1chl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: E3372 won't show up as a port or interface, only as a resource.

Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:57 pm

You should see it as interface LTE1.
Then you should add a DHCP Client on that interface.
When it does not work, powercycle the router with the stick plugged in.

TrisT
just joined
Topic Author

Re: E3372 won't show up as a port or interface, only as a resource.

Tue Aug 30, 2016 1:15 am

You should see it as interface LTE1.
Then you should add a DHCP Client on that interface.
When it does not work, powercycle the router with the stick plugged in.
Done, the powecycle solved it, but now the LTE interface is popping in and out or existance, is that normal?
Ok, I found some other threads on this, it's the E3372 drawing too much power from the usb2.0 on the miktotik, supposedly a powered usb hub would solve it.

pe1chl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: [Solved] E3372 won't show up as a port or interface, only as a resource.

Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:29 am

It works OK for me on a RB951G but it may be on the edge of the capabilities of the power supply I understand.
That could also depend on your signal from 4G. The output power of the transmitter is adjusted down when the
signal is very good.
So indeed using some extra external powersupply should fix it.