Community discussions

groomedmonkey
just joined
Topic Author

Reset HAP AC doesn't seem to work

Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:42 pm

So I did something that locked me out of my HAP AC router (I should have read the manual about the various Quick step acronyms) and I am trying to reset to factory defaults so that I can access it on 192.168.88.1 via ethernet.

I hold the reset button on the side of the unit, plug it in and wait until the SFP LED flashes and then let go. It boots and LEDs go solid. I am connected via Mac over ethernet and still can't access it. Network Settings say that my ethernet connection (Using DHCP) has a self-assigned IP address, which I assume means that I'm up that creek without a boat...

Any ideas how I get this router to work again? I am hoping that I am doing something spectacularly dumb and it is easy to solve.

groomedmonkey
just joined
Topic Author

Re: Reset HAP AC doesn't seem to work

Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:23 am

SOLUTION: Commandeer a Windows machine, install Winbox, go to Neighbours tab, log in, dismiss default config script popup thing, continue to access and wrangle with router. Pity there is no native Winbox for OSX.

scampbell
Trainer
Trainer

Re: Reset HAP AC doesn't seem to work

Sat Sep 24, 2016 5:54 am

There is a Winbox packaged up for Mac on this forum which works nicely :-)

Makes sure initial connection is not via ether1 as this is fire walled by default.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MTCNA, MTCWE, MTCRE, MTCTCE, MTCSE, MTCINE, Trainer