NO, that's a very bad feature!
1 (100%)

Total votes: 1

mikrolte
just joined
Topic Author

DHCP Server on LTE interface - WHY?

Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:52 pm

Why @MikroTik-Team is it possible to create a DHCP-Server on the LTE interface and a simple bridge-mode to the ETHER1 is not possible?
Please improve your software otherwise people crashing the networks of the ISPs.

Sob
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: DHCP Server on LTE interface - WHY?

Mon Oct 17, 2016 6:42 pm

I don't expect that many people would miss possibility to have dhcp server on LTE interface. But if ISP's network lets itself be crashed by something like that, it's really only their fault. They have to be prepared for people trying to do all kinds of nasty stuff, intentionally or not.

mikrolte
just joined
Topic Author

Mon Oct 17, 2016 6:53 pm

I don't expect that many people would miss possibility to have dhcp server on LTE interface. But if ISP's network lets itself be crashed by something like that, it's really only their fault. They have to be prepared for people trying to do all kinds of nasty stuff, intentionally or not.
yep!

But why does MikroTik implement this and did not add a more useful "bridge-mode"?

Sob
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:06 pm

I'm sure they didn't specifically aim for dhcp server on LTE. It's just that RouterOS can do dhcp server and users are free to stick it on any ethernet-like interface.