I just gave up a few moments ago in figuring out what is wrong with my RB951Ui-2Hnd or with my config that causes this:
I have a house with an ONT from the ISP providing 50Mbps on ethernet, either using the ONT as a router with DCHP and all, or in bridge mode where I can make the PPPoE connection in my PC or device.
I quickly set up the 951Ui like this
- ONT is in router mode with DHCP giving 192.168.1.x
- I set up the 951Ui with DCHP client on ether1, ether2 3 4 and 5 in bridge1, master port is ether2
- wlan1 also as port in bridge1
- I assigned 192.168.88.1/24 on bridge1
- I created dhcp server on bridge1
- I put DHCP client on ether1 with Add DNS and Add default route
- Masquerade on ether1 and no other Firewall rule since the ONT has a basic one. Will add rules later.
Everything works, except:
- I barely get 20Mbps on any LAN port
- I barely get 9Mbps on Wifi N, with absolutely no other wifi in area, laptop at 1m distance with a Centrino 6200 and SSD. Same with other devices like a Blackberry Q10, iPhone6.
I connect the ethernet cable directly in my laptop - 49.99 Mbps (same patch cable so I'm sure the cable is good).
I connect the old cheap TP-Link - 49.99 Mbps
I then reset the 951 and tried to use it basically as a switch only, no IPs assigned, just bridged ether2 3 4 5, set ether2 as master
- Even worse, I barely get 10Mbps on either port
- On Wireless, between 1 - 5Mbps
I used this config on almost all my installs, I have exactly the same 951Ui-2Hnd at home and everything works fine.
I indeed put 6.37.1 on it, should I try a lowe version?
What I am doing wrong?