Community discussions

MikroTik App

tylerhiggs94
just joined
Topic Author

hAP Provisioning

Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:34 am

Hi All!

I do apologize if I cause any inconvenience for any one, but this is the first time I am trying my hand at something like this. Basically what we want to do is push a config through to a hAP (And many more if we can get this right). I have set up the hAP in the config we want, not very complicated. just defconfig with added pppoe interface, all done very simply from quickset as these routers are for home use and don't need anything else. We have quite a large network of homes, all with their own hAP and respective pppoe connections. We are continually getting more clients and so we are trying to find a way to roll these routers out a lot faster and easier.

Basically we have the config we want, it has been exported and we have edited a few things, enough to give the router an internet connection. Here comes the part where we are struggling with, once the router has the internet connection (via pppoe-out1 on ether1), we want it to look for a provisioning server and pull off the necessary username and password for pppoe without adding a duplicate pppoe interface, but rather editing the current one as well as editing the current Wireless SSID and password.

Is there perhaps something we can do?

blingblouw

Re: hAP Provisioning

Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:21 pm

Mikrotik has just released support for tr069.

Now u can flashfig a router to five it basic connectivity and point it to a ACS server.

From the ACS you can make any changes to all routers forever. It is a great enhancement but only in the latest RC.

janisk
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:43 pm

Using tr069 router will be capable to ask (pull) for the configuration update. As well as when the need arises the configuration can be pushed to the router.

luismanson

Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:35 pm

quick question, now that we have this, can we burn at least the tr069 settings into default settings? the idea is to be able to provision even after a factory reset