Community discussions

carnevale
just joined
Topic Author

HOTSPOT asking login multiple times

Fri Nov 25, 2016 4:08 am

Hi,
I have one rb3011 with hotspot running, with 8 Antennas Unifi AP. It is working fine within a single antena, but when the user move to a second point, hotspot ask for credentials again.

I'm using HTTP CHAP + Cookie, and Iphone. Any know problem in this scenario ? What would be the best way (and secure also) to keep user logged for 24 hours?

thanks
Last edited by carnevale on Fri Nov 25, 2016 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ErfanDL
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: RE: HOTSPOT askling login multiple times

Fri Nov 25, 2016 8:19 am

Hi,
I have one rb3011 with hotspot running, with 8 Antennas Unifi AP. It is working fine within a single antena, but when the user move to a second point, hotspot ask for credentials again.

I'm using HTTP CHAP + Cookie, and Iphone. Any know problem in this scenario ? What would be the best way (and secure also) to keep user logged for 24 hours?

thanks
Setup all hotspot in one bridge

freemannnn
Long time Member
Long time Member

Re: HOTSPOT askling login multiple times

Fri Nov 25, 2016 9:37 am

you should also add mac addresses of all uap to "hotspot - ip bindings"

carnevale
just joined
Topic Author

Fri Nov 25, 2016 11:17 am

I already have one bridge and using ip bindings. The only difference i am using vlans inside bridge. Maybe vlans can be the problem? Another point I am using guest network in unifi, so they have one feature called client isolation. When I use nmap after connected I just can see mikrotik and the unifi, no other hosts...

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

haik01

Fri Nov 25, 2016 11:20 am

Do not use the guest mode in Unify. Use only one system. (in your case the Hotspot feature in Mikrotik).

Setup the Unify ONLY as an access point, no other fancy functions. VLAN's are fine if you use them.

carnevale
just joined
Topic Author

Fri Nov 25, 2016 11:58 pm

with Guest mode we improve the Security for all connected users because one cannot find the other.

What would be the real problem using it ? If the http cookie is in the phone, and I have no filter in UNIFI or Mikrotik between the devices and the Unifi AP's, what could be the problem ?

haik01

Re: HOTSPOT asking login multiple times

Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:25 pm

if you do not use passwords (so you have an open network), there is no point "hiding" clients from each other, since they can "sniff" the air and see everyone transmitting their MAC's over the air.

Feklar
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:08 am

Most of the time when this issue comes up is if the client losses the DHCP lease for some reason. Do all access points share the same SSID, or are they different? Are all of your VLANs bridged together?

If it's not the same SSID across the board, then the client device sees it as a different network and will often release it's IP before it sends a deauth to the access point. The hotspot gets the release of the lease and logs the user out.

AnupamPradhan

Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:27 pm

Hi,

I am facing the same issue with my hotspot.

I have a 750GR3 as hotspot router and multiple access points (some cisco, and Tplink). Also I have the same SSID for all AP. I have seen this issue in Iphone only but this is not happening in android. Below is the hotspot setting for my networks.
Please help.
/ip hotspot profile
set [ find default=yes ] html-directory=flash/hotspot
add hotspot-address=10.5.50.1 html-directory=flash/hotspot login-by=cookie,http-chap,http-pap name=hsprof1 radius-interim-update=4m use-radius=yes
/ip hotspot
add disabled=no interface=bridge1 name=hotspot1 profile=hsprof1
/ip hotspot user profile
set [ find default=yes ] idle-timeout=1d keepalive-timeout=1d1h shared-users=3
/ip hotspot user
add name=admin password=xxx
/ip hotspot walled-garden
add comment="place hotspot rules here" disabled=yes