MikroTik App

nikc
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Basebox 5 + LTE ME909u-521 Mini-PCIe + Default route problems

Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:27 pm

Hi

I just setup a basebox 5 with the referenced LTE modem.

Device is detected and connects via PPP to my provider (ee in the UK).

The problem I have is that when the add default route (or a manually added device route via this device) are in applied, the IP for the PPP device is dropped.

Example:

1. Configured to connect with Dial on demand, use peer DNS, Add default route = Device connects, and I breifly see and IP from my provider on PPP interface in IP addresses, then it vanishes.
2. Configured to connect with Dial on demand, use peer DNS, manually added route stating 0.0.0.0/24 should go via PPP interface = Device connects, and I breifly see and IP from my provider on PPP interface in IP addresses, then it vanishes.
3. Configured to connect with Dial on demand, use peer DNS, = Device connects, and an IP from my provider on PPP interface in IP addresses (if i then add in the route for 0.0.0.0/24 via the PPP interface the IP from my provider vanishes again)

Any ideas please, sending me round the twist not been able to figure this one !

nikc
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Re: Basebox 5 + LTE ME909u-521 Mini-PCIe + Default route problems

Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:05 pm

Bit more info if it helps.

I nuked the config and started again, I now can get a connection and keep the link or I think i have, the ppp like claims to be "waiting for packets" ... once i try and ping anything that should go via that link it drops the connections and I can see ppp dialing in the logs.

Frustrating !

Thanks

Quared
Trainer
Trainer

Re: Basebox 5 + LTE ME909u-521 Mini-PCIe + Default route problems

Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:40 pm

Hello,

quick question: is the ME909u-521 module identified in the LTE-menu ?

If not, check your config and hardware setup, especially
/system routerboard usb
After this module is correctly identified as LTE, set up your provider's parameter (APN ...) and put a DHCP-client on the LTE Interface

greets