Community discussions

MikroTik App

dash
Topic Author

Capsman forwarded traffic not visible in firewall connections

Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:06 pm

Hi guys, I am struggling with an issue since days and I am out of ideas....

ROS: 6.37.3, RB3011, RB951 as AP, FB7360, Mnet FTTH (dual stack IPv6 with IPv4 option)

My simplified network layout looks like this:
20161208_140027.jpg
The local forwarded caps and all 8 RB3011 LAN master ports are members of the same bridge.

The issue: Im mangeling vidstream traffic (like youtube) with a layer7 mangle rule. These mangle rules work great as long as I am using e.g. a PC with cable connection (eth8, as shown in the picture). BUT - A mobile device (not logged in to youtube) playing the same movie as the PC is not mangled/queued. I don't even see any traffic on the RB3011 firewall/connections list.

Any helpful advice is highly appreciated!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

dash
Topic Author

Re: Capsman forwarded traffic not visible in firewall connections

Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:15 pm

I resolved the issue....

My MNET provisioned FB got an DHCP ipv6 enabled. ipv6 traffic is not visible in the Mikrotik ipv4 firewall and with ipv6 layer7 filters do not work. Since mobile phones seem to have ipv6 dhcp clients enabled by default I could not see their traffic. On all my other hardware I have have had ipv6 disabled on client side, therefore this traffic was mangled properly.

Solution: I set up a bridge filter in the Mikrotik to drop every ipv6 traffic (disabling ipv6 in the FritzBox was not possible)

namnoops
just joined

Re: Capsman forwarded traffic not visible in firewall connections

Sat May 08, 2021 12:15 am

Hey there dash!

Yours is the only reference to m-net I could find here, so I thought since you are/were an m-net customer, maybe you'd be able to help me, even if your setup back then included the Fritz!Box which I'd love to get rid of. You can check out my post here: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=175077

Any help is greatly appreciated!