Community discussions

MUM Europe 2020

jcmlanzas
just joined
Topic Author

Mikrotik GPON Authentication Support

Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:59 pm

Hello team,
I read specification to this module which seems to support ITU-T G.988 (10/2010) but the G.988 authentication support is not implemented yet on RouterOS.
Do you know when it be possible to authenticate by this SFP GPON Module?
It would be great to integrate it sooner as possible for many users like me that we want to eliminate FTTH ISP routers.

TomjNorthIdaho
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Mikrotik GPON Authentication Support

Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:35 am

Well - today I finally got a Mikrotik (( 2011UiAS-2HnD )) with a Mikrotik GPON SFP talking to my Adtran TA-5000 head end.

You can pretty much forget about using google for help on this topic (Mikrotik GPON to Adtran) --- I found nothing after a month of searching.

What you need to do is configure the head-end for your GPON network to treat the Mikrotik GPON SFP module like a regular GPON bridge device (NOT a residential gateway).

The Mikrotik SFP interface does NOT need a vlan - - Treat the Mikrotik SFP interface with the GPON module inserted just like a regular Ethernet connection.

---
FYI
I still have a lot of work to try and test. I want to get it to pass vlans - and possibly get a SubH (out-of-band-management) working on my Mikrotik.

North Idaho Tom Jones

Cascuda

Mon Jan 02, 2017 5:03 pm

Hello team,
I read specification to this module which seems to support ITU-T G.988 (10/2010) but the G.988 authentication support is not implemented yet on RouterOS.
Do you know when it be possible to authenticate by this SFP GPON Module?
It would be great to integrate it sooner as possible for many users like me that we want to eliminate FTTH ISP routers.
Hello
I talked with support of mikrotik "support@mikrotik.com" and he said that they are working in a new firmware to this module GPON. We'll have to wait by the new firmware of GPON....

Support response:
Hello,

There is a new firmware in development at the moment. When it's released then it will be possible to change various registration ID's and Passwords in the module. At the moment however it is not yet know when it's going to be released.

Also current batch modules will only be upgradable through OLT.

Best regards,

jcmlanzas
just joined
Topic Author

Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:10 pm

Thank you very much. Good to know they are working on it. :=)