MikroTik App

ViREnG
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

countless / free traffic from a network for PPPoE users

Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:48 pm

Hi friends
I have some download servers at my office .
I want it when my users download or upload from that servers , MikroTik don't calculate traffic from it . it mean my users have free traffic to that servers .

How can be do that ? is there anyway to do it from mikrotik ?
My accounting is Freeradius , it must be from my radius server side ?
anyone know what's the solution ?

I've seen this from some other service providers but I don't see anyway to do that .
Thank you ;)

razavim
Trainer
Trainer

Re: countless / free traffic from a network for PPPoE users

Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:00 am

mark the traffic and use fasttrack. it will not go through connection tracking therefore not being calculated. i think that could help

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

alfntoosh
just joined

Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:29 am

mark the traffic and use fasttrack. it will not go through connection tracking therefore not being calculated. i think that could help

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk
Please, more clarity. Give us an example

locodog
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:54 am

If your servers are for example 10.6.6.0/24, just add simple queue for that network and set it as unlimited. Every connection going to or from 10.6.6.0/24 network will be withing that queue and simple queue of customers will not include traffic to and from servers.

MattC86

Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:33 am

I believe what he is trying to achieve is make the traffic going to the servers as null, IE make that traffic "free" and not count towards his usage on FreeRadius which accounts from the PPPoE session.

I'm not sure if fast track "bypasses" radius updates on traffic. Hell that would be awesome if that were possible. Almost like a Radius ignore-update packet mark.

aacable

Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:19 am

Hi friends I have some download servers at my office .I want it when my users download or upload from that servers , MikroTik don't calculate traffic from it . it mean my users have free traffic to that servers . How can be do that ? is there anyway to do it from mikrotik ? My accounting is Freeradius , it must be from my radius server side ? anyone know what's the solution ?
I've seen this from some other service providers but I don't see anyway to do that . Thank you ;)
Free Hours in Quota Base Service Example here ...

I can't comment on exempting internet web sites from Mikrotik/FR accounting BUT If you want to exempt accounting traffic for your local servers (example file sharing./media etc) You can use Intervlan routing method. This way all local servers/users can communicate with each other via switch port level & traffic for those servers will not pass via mikrotik router.

At my friend ISP he had 10 TB of media sharing servers which users uses to download different sharing data which was also counted in users monthly internet traffic report. therefore we used intervlan routing method and then the problem gets solved. now only internet traffic is counted in reports.
One working example here ...

[url=https://aacable.wordpress.com/2018/02/1 ... ppy-hours/ Free Hours in Quota Base Service Example here ...[/url]

& just for network humor :)
overload.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

AB10
just joined

Tue Oct 01, 2019 5:57 pm

Hi friends,

actually, I have the same problem, anyone got a solution, please?