19:19:22 dhcp,warning DHCP offering lease 172.29.40.60 for 08:00:0F:8F:C0:0E without success
19:19:22 dhcp,info DHCP assigned 172.29.40.60 to 08:00:0F:8F:C0:0E
v6.39rc17 broke STP on my rb2011UiAS-2HnD, it makes the bridge root port the ether my DVR is on and will not pass traffic. I can remove that port from bridge, disable the ether, or set STP to none to start passing traffic again. I updated from v6.38rc46. The DVR is a Directv Genie (HR44/700) and has a pass-through ether (2 ports) which may actually be the cause. It had been working fine before the upgrade.Version 6.38 had an issue related to STP which was resolved in 6.38.1. Also 6.38 changelog included note which said, that all devices should be upgraded to latest version to implement proper STP functionality in network. Same goes for 6.38.1 We have not seen any actual issues in 6.38.1 version related to software. Usually some devices in network are not upgraded and that is the cause of DHCP problems.
Same issue for me- 6.37.3, 6.38.1, 6.39rc17- all software versions have dhcp issues for me.We are seeing this issues with version 6.38.1 as well. I have downgraded one of my test routers to 6.37.3 to see if it resolves.
15:37:55 dhcp,warning dhcp3 offering lease 10.225.119.50 for 74:D0:2B:8C:78:9D without success
15:38:25 dhcp,warning dhcp3 offering lease 10.225.119.50 for 74:D0:2B:8C:78:9D without success
I have logged a support request and included a link to this topic. I hope more confirm this in the mean time.
Sorry for delayed reply. Now we have fixed some bridging bugs from 6.38.x which could cause DHCP related problems and recommend upgrading to the latest v6.39rc.
So, I upgraded several routers last night to 6.38.1. A hEx Lite and a CRS125 both had DHCP issues with Ubiquiti access points (both UAP/UAP-LR's and UAP-AC's). I rolled both of them back to 6.37.4 and troubles are gone.
Other locations that did not have issues included CRS125's (same exact model as the one with problems), RB2011L's, hEx's, and an hAP AC Lite. Many of these locations also have Ubiquiti AP's.
All access points were already updated to their latest firmware.
One thing that I noticed was that Unifi Discovery was reporting the AP IP address as "192.168.2.20?", putting a question mark for the last digit and it could not reach them to send commands. I didn't have any issues with any of the wired clients except for the APs.
If the broadcast bit is not set and 'giaddr' is zero and
'ciaddr' is zero, then the server unicasts DHCPOFFER and DHCPACK
messages to the client's hardware address and 'yiaddr' address.
I confirm the recovery of DHCP server assignment by the changing of any STP Protocol mode to another (maybe you might want to disable and re-enabled it again), so it seems a feasible workaround for me. But it is worth to mention that this just will work in the meantime the device is not rebooted in which case it has to be applied again.Problem in v6.38.5 also. Upgraded a CCR1036 this morning per Mikrotik support request on another issue entirely. DHCP stopped working after the update.
Seeing "SERVER offering lease x.x.x.x without success" in log.
I disabled RSTP on the bridge interface and the issue appears to be resolved.
This statement is correct. I had to reboot the affected router over the weekend and DHCP subsequently stopped working.But it is worth to mention that this just will work in the meantime the device is not rebooted in which case it has to be applied again.