Community discussions

MikroTik App

TheKitchen
just joined
Topic Author

TR069 with FreeACS

Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:47 am

Hi All,

With the recent support of TR069 of in 6.38 I was unable to find much documentation on setting up a ACS server to work with Mikrotik. After some trial and error I managed to get a working lab environment going so thought I would forward the steps I took for anyone interested. Please note this setup is strictly for labing and as such has major security flaws for a production environment I strongly recommend following http://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:TR069-client and http://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Tr069-best-practices when you are ready to move to production.

Install FreeACS
FreeACS, installed on Unbuntu 14.04.5 LTS (GNU/Linux 3.13.0-107-generic x86_64) VM. I noticed some problems with running the the install script so have added a few steps to install some requirements manually.

1) Install tomcat7, Java and SQL5.5
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install tomcat7
sudo apt-get install default-jre
sudo apt-get install mysql-server-5.5

2) Download and install the FreeACS Script
cd ~ && wget http://freeacs.com/download/install-or- ... -ubuntu.sh
chmod 755 install-or-update-freeacs-ubuntu.sh && sudo ./install-or-update-freeacs-ubuntu.sh
(I believe the script trys to install and run the most recent version of mysql instal of 5.5 which causes the prechecks to fail at the end of the installation which is why we manually install it)

3) We now proceed to the steps outlined in http://freeacs.com/download/Fusion%20Installation.pdf, I ignored some steps and made slightly different changes to others so I will do a run down of my version of this walkthrough

a) Restart mySQL
service mysql restart

b) Edit the tomcat7 configuration details
nano /var/lib/tomcat7/conf/catalina.properties (find the string "common.loader" and append ",${catalina.base}/common,${catalina.base}/common/*.properties" to it, the end result should look like: "common.loader=${catalina.base}/lib,${catalina.base}/lib/*.jar,${catalina.home}/lib,${catalina.home}/lib/*.jar,${catalina.home}/common/classes,${catalina.home}/common/*.jar,${catalina.base}/common,${catalina.base}/common/*.properties")

nano /etc/init.d/tomcat7 (Find the line beginning with “# Required-Start:”
and append “$mysql” to it.)

nano /var/lib/tomcat7/common/xaps-stun.properties (find "primary.ip =" and enter the public/external IP address of your machine.)

c) Restart tomcat
service tomcat7 restart

d) Port forwarding and Firewall configuration
These ports will need to be mapped to the local address of your Unbuntu Machine (For more information refer to 5.3 of http://freeacs.com/download/Fusion%20Installation.pdf)
80 TCP
8080 TCP
443 TCP
69 TCP
3306 TCP
3479 UDP
3480 UDP
9116 UDP

e) Fire up a browser and navigate to http://<Your public IP address>:8080/web if you see a login page login with admin/xaps, if successfull I suggest immediately changing the default login credentials via the GUI under permission at the top.

CPE Configuration

1) Download and install the TR069 package to your router via the extra packages .zip, for the hEX series you can use http://download2.mikrotik.com/routeros/ ... 6.38.1.zip, check http://www.mikrotik.com/download for other models, extract the zip and then upload the TR069 package to your router and reboot.

2) Once the router boots back up add the lines below to your configuration, this will allow connectivity from your CPE to your newly installed TR069 server, this will also ensure your CPE constantly polls to the ACS Server and supplies a unique UnitID/Username to the server.

### Set TR069 Username to Ether1 mac address
/system script
add name=identity owner=admin policy=ftp,reboot,read,write,policy,test,password,sniff,sensitive source="delay 10;\
\n:local macaddress [/interface get ether1 mac-address]\
\n:local tidymac\
\n\
\n:for i from=0 to=([:len \$macaddress] - 1) do={ \
\n :local char [:pick \$macaddress \$i]\
\n :if (\$char = \":\") do={\
\n :set \$char \"\"\
\n }\
\n :set tidymac (\$tidymac . \$char) \
\n}\
\n:put \$tidymac; /tr069-client set acs-url=http://<ACS Server external IP address>/tr069 enabled=yes password=<your password> periodic-inform-enabled=yes periodic-inform-interval=30s username=\$tidymac"

###Lower polling interval
/system script
add name=Inter owner=admin policy=ftp,reboot,read,write,policy,test,password,sniff,sensitive source="/tr069-client set periodic-inform-interval=30s"

/system scheduler
add name=UnitID on-event=identity policy=ftp,reboot,read,write,policy,test,password,sniff,sensitive,romon start-time=startup

/system scheduler
add interval=5s name=Poll on-event=Inter start-time=startup

Reboot your CPE and you should now be able to manage your device in FreeACS

Managing CPE

Login to FreeACS, navigate to support -> search, then press the search button. Your new CPE should show up with the MAC Address as the unit ID, you should now be able to manage the router via TR069. You can create profiles via easy provisioning -> profile for customer configs using TR069 parameters, you can push these profiles to your CPE but location your CPE via support -> search -> go to unit configuration.

Running Router OS Scripts
a)
Create your config via routerOS CLI, export to a text document and save the file as filename.alter. upload the file via "Files & Scripts" in FreeACS, upload and save the file using the TR069_Script as the file type.

b)
Go to "advanced provisioning" -> job -> create new job

Type: TR069 Script
Group: All profiles (or create a customer group via advanced provisioning group)
Script: (the script you just uploaded)

c)
Advanced provisioning -> job -> job overview, select your newly created job and run start, this will now push the RouterOS CLI to your CPE
Last edited by TheKitchen on Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Re: TR069 with FreeACS

Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:18 pm

Thanks for the guide, I am going to sticky this

janisk
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:56 pm

###Lower polling interval
/system script
add name=Inter owner=admin policy=ftp,reboot,read,write,policy,test,password,sniff,sensitive source="/tr069-client set periodic-inform-interval=30s"

/system scheduler
add name=UnitID on-event=identity policy=ftp,reboot,read,write,policy,test,password,sniff,sensitive,romon start-time=startup

/system scheduler
add interval=5s name=Poll on-event=Inter start-time=startup
what is the meaning of this? Is there any reason why you are setting periodic-inform-interval=30s every 5 seconds? This part does not make any sense. At least without further comment. Why not simply set periodic-inform-interval=5s?

TheKitchen
just joined
Topic Author

Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:25 am

Hello,
Good question! I noticed when the Mikrotik would connect to FreeACS the periodic inform interval would keep getting changed for some reason. I tried making some changes to the default profile in FreeACS and disabling the parameter all together but the periodic interval kept changing. The script was more of a dirty work around to keep setting the periodic inform interval back to 30 seconds, not a Mikrotik problem I think, ill edit the post once I fix the problem.

This is what i'm seeing from the syslog in freeacs:
Added unit parameter Device.ManagementServer.PeriodicInformInterval with value 87020
ProvMsg: Written to CPE: Device.ManagementServer.PeriodicInformInterval = 87020

AlexeyIlinsky

Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:06 am

We've built our own tiny ACS for plug and play provisioning of CPEs the only one thing I miss now is turn upload / download files (Hotspot HTML files or binary backups back forward via TR069)

janisk
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:47 pm

We might look into this. But for now, you can upload vendor specific script containing /tool/fetch to download all the required files.

AlexeyIlinsky

Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:56 pm

Thanks, that's what i thought I'd do

sergejs
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:28 pm

14.04 is rather old version, and the FreeACS installation script seems to work only for sql5.5, and it does not work with 16.04 (LTS) or current Ubuntu version.

juliokato
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:11 pm

14.04 is rather old version, and the FreeACS installation script seems to work only for sql5.5, and it does not work with 16.04 (LTS) or current Ubuntu version.

I configured a ubuntu 14.04 server with freeACS without problems but I am not able to upload any configuration. The server only reports file transfer failure.

I can reboot the RB and also reset to factory default but I can not even upload configuration or firmware.

RB is running version 3.8.1 but it has no debug or log for TR069.

I tried version 6.39rc20 (Release candidate) and it also does not work.

I will configure the GenieACS server to test. But I think MK needs to develop the TR069-client better.

sergejs
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:08 am

juliokato, currently 16.04 is LTS version, and it is possible to find 14.04, but I'm not sure about the security for 3 years old version and applications.
I will configure the GenieACS server to test. But I think MK needs to develop the TR069-client better.
What other "better" options do you need?

AlexeyIlinsky

Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:01 am

By the way one of my lab routers upgraded from 38.1 to 39rc20 via tr069 and Tr069 client stopped working. Shows enabled but doesn't send any 1 Boot anymore.

Previous post author probably believes that MT should develope better ACS. We could not find open source acs flexible enough and it wasn't a big deal to make in house development of server side :)

sergejs
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:40 pm

Alexei, please make sure you have the same problem with the latest rc version, and update us (support@mikrotik.com) with support output file, when client stops working properly.
We do not have any plans to develop our own TR069 server.

juliokato
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:52 pm

juliokato, currently 16.04 is LTS version, and it is possible to find 14.04, but I'm not sure about the security for 3 years old version and applications.
What other "better" options do you need?
I also understand that FreeACS is not evolving as much as we want.

GenieACS also follows the same line.

But this is the developers problem of the above products. I'm looking for other ACS servers to evaluate.

What I expect from Mikrotik:

We need the TR069-client to generate log messages and / or debug. We are very much aware of this.

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:53 pm

AVsystem and Friendlytech have been very forthcoming. They are commercial solutions, but they are updated often.

sergejs
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:58 pm

juliokato, as we just made initial implementation for TR-069, the feature is under heavy development and many more interesting feature will emerge soon.
Thank you for the feature request!

ilinsky
just joined

Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:47 pm

i perfectly understand that MT is not going to develope ACS. I will send supout ASAP.
I am thinking about developing comercial ACS designed for MT RoS

juliokato
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:42 am

AVsystem and Friendlytech have been very forthcoming. They are commercial solutions, but they are updated often.

How much does each of these products cost?

zhalex
just joined

Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:27 pm

I have not created any guide yet, but I went through the Ubuntu installation script for FreeACS and installed it on CentOS 7.3.1611 (tomcat7). It looks like it works fine in my test lab through http and https with 6.38.1 (SElinux = Permissive).

It is not related to FreeACS, but related to TR069 in the certain way. Could you tell me, what the best practice is for an implementation simplified skin in Configure Script? I am trying download created skin by using "fetch". Unfortunately, /tool fetch does not work properly under the user "*sys", which ownership scheduler task got from Configure Script.

gmobilize
just joined

Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:10 am

Is there anyone, who has successfully got MikrtoTik CPE to work with GenieACS?
As i have two problems right now:
1.Not all device parameters are showing up, for example the summary page shows a lot of blank fields, while expanded view shows the default forced parameters.
I read that some tweaking could be needed on the server side, as maybe the parameter expression could be different.

2.As mentioned on http://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:TR069-client ,ive been trying to push a script to the CPE using "3.Vendor configuration file", which is simply a /.txt file containing a working ROS Terminal command, with file extension changed to .alter, when i push the file, it shows that the operation was succesful, however, no changes to the CPE`s config are made.

sergejs
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:15 am

By the way in the latest rc versions, the particular options were added for TR069,

*) log - added tr069 topic;
*) tr069-client - added traceroute diagnostics support;

juliokato
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:14 pm

1- Try this link: https://github.com/zaidka/genieacs/wiki ... g-Aliasses
Are you using GenieACS version 1.1.0 alpha?
I'm having the same problem with this version, but in version 1.0.7 it was OK.
For me GenieACS does not serve because it is not scalable to configure thousands of equipment.
Documentation is virtually non-existent.

2- For me this is working the deploy of the script. Try using a more basic script with a simpler filename like haplite.alter without special characters or symbols.

1.Not all device parameters are showing up, for example the summary page shows a lot of blank fields, while expanded view shows the default forced parameters.
I read that some tweaking could be needed on the server side, as maybe the parameter expression could be different.

2.As mentioned on http://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:TR069-client ,ive been trying to push a script to the CPE using "3.Vendor configuration file", which is simply a /.txt file containing a working ROS Terminal command, with file extension changed to .alter, when i push the file, it shows that the operation was succesful, however, no changes to the CPE`s config are made.

juliokato
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:36 pm

Hello,
Good question! I noticed when the Mikrotik would connect to FreeACS the periodic inform interval would keep getting changed for some reason. I tried making some changes to the default profile in FreeACS and disabling the parameter all together but the periodic interval kept changing. The script was more of a dirty work around to keep setting the periodic inform interval back to 30 seconds, not a Mikrotik problem I think, ill edit the post once I fix the problem.

Added unit parameter Device.ManagementServer.PeriodicInformInterval with value 87020
Hello, TheKitchen, change this parameter and you do not need to use the script to fix the periodic interval.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

TheKitchen
just joined
Topic Author

Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:01 am

Hello,

Hello, TheKitchen, change this parameter and you do not need to use the script to fix the periodic interval.
Thank you!

dragon2611
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:19 pm

For GenieACS issues try contacting the developer, he was quite responsive last time I was playing with it (although that was a couple years back)

mducharme
Trainer
Trainer

Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:59 pm

I read that some tweaking could be needed on the server side, as maybe the parameter expression could be different..
I had the same problem in the parameters - the issue is that the GenieACS default looks for "InternetGatewayDevice" and MikroTik uses "Device" - you need to go into index_parameters.yml and summary_parameters.yml in the genieacs-gui config directory, remove "InternetGateway" from "InternetGatewayDevice" and restart the GUI.

mducharme
Trainer
Trainer

Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:21 am

I was having this problem and just found a solution - make sure that your FS_IP is set properly in the config file. My default was 192.168.0.1 so the device was trying to download the file from the wrong URL.

Also, make sure you are using latest Node.js (7.5) installed with NVM, and latest Ruby (v2.4.0) installed with RVM.

mducharme
Trainer
Trainer

Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:18 am

My thoughts on FreeACS vs GenieACS:

FreeACS:
- Java based
- excellent documentation
- stable product
- Easy to install
- has not been updated for the past year
- script deployment to MikroTik seems to not work
- GUI ease of use is not there - 'editable' parameters are not downloaded to the ACS - you can't even see what they are set to
- if a parameter is editable, you can only force its value down each time the unit connects, you can't simply change it without forcing it from on high
- For example, SSID is editable, but you cannot even view what the current SSID is - instead you can only enforce a new SSID which will be applied to the device

GenieACS:
- Based on Node.js and Ruby on Rails
- Very poor documentation
- Hard to install
- Stable product *if* you install the correct versions of things (ex. installing NVM and RVM, with Node.js 7.5.0 and Ruby 2.4.0, and you install both genieacs and genieacs-gui by cloning them from the github master, not from the latest 'stable' release or npm install)
- Is under current development
- All functions work (can deploy scripts to MikroTik, can upgrade firmware, etc.)
- GUI is easy to use for technicians / help desk
- You can view and edit individual unit settings; for parameters that are 'editable' (can be changed), you can view the current setting and can do a one-time change of this setting
- If you wish to change an editable parameter an an automated basis as a permanent change (i.e. a default), you create a 'preset' to carry out this change automatically
- ex. if you want to change SSID, you can either do a one time 'edit' of the SSID, or create a preset to force an SSID change for this unit in the future

mducharme
Trainer
Trainer

Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:39 am

Can a MikroTik staff member clarify:

1. Does pushing down a config file of type .overwrite also replace the default config (like it does with NetInstall)? I assume not, but just thought I would ask. If it does, great.

2. If it does not, could you add a means of replacing the factory-default config without NetInstall? Maybe a config file of extension .default which doesn't change the config of the device, but instead just replaces the factory default config? One thing that has me a bit worried is that if we use NetInstall to implement the TR-069 settings, we can't really change that factory default later once the router is deployed to the user. For me, a factory default is something that *might* need to change slightly over time (ex. we might change ACS platforms and need to change the ACS URL in the factory default so that when a user resets it goes to the new ACS, not the old one, or the certificate may change, etc.). I don't want to have to get the devices back again at the office and reflash them if we need to revise our factory-default config.

Thanks

andya

Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:28 am

Hello it work with tomcat 8 on Ubuntu 17 server if you want you just have edit the script for new versions of MySQL java tomcat 8 etc

also should thing like sstp interface show up on it can get show all other information like wireless lan adapter Ethernet etc but not sstp adapter server maybe that not exposed via tr069?

janisk
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:30 pm

tr069 client supports the PPPoE, Ethernet. Wireless and LTE interface information request. To configure anything that is not currently supported you can use script upload and execution via tr069

You can configure other services, that are supported, disregarding interface support status.

HarBenly

Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:23 am

May I know the price of it? PM me

HarBenly

Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:28 am

Hello it work with tomcat 8 on Ubuntu 17 server if you want you just have edit the script for new versions of MySQL java tomcat 8 etc

also should thing like sstp interface show up on it can get show all other information like wireless lan adapter Ethernet etc but not sstp adapter server maybe that not exposed via tr069?

Will it work on Ubuntu 16.04?

ajack46

Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:38 am

For my ubuntu 17 it works, no idea about 16.04

HarBenly

Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:55 pm

Well then it should work on 16.04. I'll try it

ajack46

Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:03 pm

Do share if it works for you.

genesispro
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:18 pm

Can a MikroTik staff member clarify:

1. Does pushing down a config file of type .overwrite also replace the default config (like it does with NetInstall)? I assume not, but just thought I would ask. If it does, great.

2. If it does not, could you add a means of replacing the factory-default config without NetInstall? Maybe a config file of extension .default which doesn't change the config of the device, but instead just replaces the factory default config? One thing that has me a bit worried is that if we use NetInstall to implement the TR-069 settings, we can't really change that factory default later once the router is deployed to the user. For me, a factory default is something that *might* need to change slightly over time (ex. we might change ACS platforms and need to change the ACS URL in the factory default so that when a user resets it goes to the new ACS, not the old one, or the certificate may change, etc.). I don't want to have to get the devices back again at the office and reflash them if we need to revise our factory-default config.

Thanks
Use the Banding Maker if you have access to

gmobilize
just joined

Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:21 am

hello guys, i have a little update on my experimental acs server using GenieACS in my local network:
As for now i have configured a working GenieACS server that with the correct data model, and edited the index page so it hows the relevant info about my devices.
TR069 parameter editing via ACS server is pretty handy as it allows to change a lot of easy things, however i require a little bit more.
I want the ACS for example to add an IP address to the CPE, which i didnt find to be working correctly via setting the parameters, so i want to send the CPE a file that executes some terminal commands in ROS.
Maybe someone can clarify this, as the i understand from the MTik wiki, that the for example the firmware upgrade is done via uploading .xml file via 1.Firmware Upgrade Image that contains the url of the package file which will then be downloaded by the CPE.
How is it with altering the config? Should i also make an .xml and upload it as a 3.Vendor Configuration File pointing to the script file or can i upload my "script.alter" file directly in stead of the xml?
Hope someone can help on how to correctly execute scripts remotely.

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:02 pm

Did you try to add the IP address with AddObject RPC "Device.IP.Interface.{i}.IPv4Address.{i}."?
In the document standard TR-181 issue 2 it is described how to build NetworkStack. https://www.broadband-forum.org/technic ... ent-11.pdf

HarBenly

Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:31 pm

Yup it worked. :D

gmobilize
just joined

Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:31 am

Did you try to add the IP address with AddObject RPC "Device.IP.Interface.{i}.IPv4Address.{i}."?
In the document standard TR-181 issue 2 it is described how to build NetworkStack. https://www.broadband-forum.org/technic ... ent-11.pdf
I had some issues with adding the address via the parameters, also i would like to understand the mechanism of the script file pushing as i mentioned in my previous post, as probably defining a script file, for the router and applying it would be easier than configuring each individual parameter, as it would utilize the same RouterOS language and it would be easier for configurators to create these config files.

So i would like to bring up again the question about how should script.ALTER be correctly pushed to the device, as a file already or using the .xml file first? thanks

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:30 pm

1) CPE <-------- Download RPC ------ ACS
2) CPE parses URL and TYPE from Download RPC
3) CPE HTTP GET file from URL
4) Depending on TYPE different steps are performed
4.1) "1 Firmware Upgrade Image" CPE downloads another XML file which contains extra download links, because standard Download RPC only allows 1 URL. Then packages are downloaded and installed
4.2) "3 Vendor Configuration File" CPE downloads script file directly from URL.
If script's file name ends with ".alter" in URL, then script is executed as regular script (ROS extension)
Otherwise ROS configuration is reset and script executed after that. (standartish behaviour). NOTE- must be careful when only want to "alter".
4.3) "X MIKROTIK Factory Configuration File" overwrite default configuration with provided script (affects factory reset)

gmobilize
just joined

Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:10 pm

4.1) "1 Firmware Upgrade Image" CPE downloads another XML file which contains extra download links, because standard Download RPC only allows 1 URL. Then packages are downloaded and installed
If script's file name ends with ".alter" in URL, then script is executed as regular script (ROS extension)
Otherwise ROS configuration is reset and script executed after that. (standartish behaviour). NOTE- must be careful when only want to "alter".
4.3) "X MIKROTIK Factory Configuration File" overwrite default configuration with provided script (affects factory reset)
A big thank you for clarifying, this was really helpful.
Tried to push the script.alter file containing the ros commands and it worked, the ip address was added in a second, great!
I also do suspect that by the time i first tried this my genieacs-fs was configured improperly, however now i know the main differences ;)

jspool

Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:02 am

Anyone know what pricing is like for the commercial TR-069 server solutions?

mman1982
just joined

Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:14 pm

Hi,

Can you show me how your scripts like? I like to use Vendor config file, but i don't know the format. Can you attach the files?(without sensitive data of course:)
A big thank you for clarifying, this was really helpful.
Tried to push the script.alter file containing the ros commands and it worked, the ip address was added in a second, great!
I also do suspect that by the time i first tried this my genieacs-fs was configured improperly, however now i know the main differences ;)

pietroscherer
Trainer
Trainer

Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:21 pm

Worked for me too, using Ubuntu 16.04.3. I installed the required Mysql version (5.6).

evandromac
just joined

Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:21 am

Ubuntu 16.04.3 here. GenieACS installed and running but I had no success trying do make my SXT visible in GenieACS yet.
Installed freeACS, mysql 5.6, worked.

Note: the URL for TR069 client in Mikrotik devices for freeACS, at least for my scenario (I followed all the steps) is "http://<your_freeacs_box_IP>:8080/tr069". It's because tomcat defaults to port 8080. After making this little change, my SXT appeared in my freeACS. Running more tests tomorrow...

electravis
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:01 pm

First thanks for the how to thekitchen. I was able to get it up and running with the latest mysql and ubuntu. Problem that I am having is I am trying to run a script from what I understand this is what i do.

First I make a real simple .alter file with

system identity set name=test12345

in theory this should change the identity of the tik to the above.

I then upload the file as TRo69 then create a profile and group to move the device into and finally make a job for it. All following the walk through.

Everything is great until it sends the info down to the tik at whcih point it issues a reset and the tik resets to default cant figure out why hopefully some stupid button i missed.

Any help please.

Thanks

electravis
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:03 am

So got it working probably stupid oversight on my part but after rereading and reading what normis had posted elsewhere figured it out. Under files scripts you need to make sure you are saving it with the name ext .alter. After I figured that out FreeAcs s working like a champ for what I needed.

HarBenly

Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:36 pm

Worked for me too, using Ubuntu 16.04.3. I installed the required Mysql version (5.6).

Nice. Great!

Bivvy

Tue May 29, 2018 1:20 pm

Hi @gmobilize

Can you provide some details on what you have had to do to make GenieACS show the relevant info about your devices?

Thanks
hello guys, i have a little update on my experimental acs server using GenieACS in my local network:
As for now i have configured a working GenieACS server that with the correct data model, and edited the index page so it hows the relevant info about my devices.
TR069 parameter editing via ACS server is pretty handy as it allows to change a lot of easy things, however i require a little bit more.
I want the ACS for example to add an IP address to the CPE, which i didnt find to be working correctly via setting the parameters, so i want to send the CPE a file that executes some terminal commands in ROS.
Maybe someone can clarify this, as the i understand from the MTik wiki, that the for example the firmware upgrade is done via uploading .xml file via 1.Firmware Upgrade Image that contains the url of the package file which will then be downloaded by the CPE.
How is it with altering the config? Should i also make an .xml and upload it as a 3.Vendor Configuration File pointing to the script file or can i upload my "script.alter" file directly in stead of the xml?
Hope someone can help on how to correctly execute scripts remotely.

electravis
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:23 pm

Hoping someone can give a little help. Got Genieacs installed and running and talking to my device. The issues I have is under listing of devices nothing is showing up in the values. I followed the above suggestion of editing the two config files. This then populated the Software Version field but nothing else. Are there any other changes I need to make to the config file to see the rest of the fields.

Thanks

So a little bit of an updated i forced refreshed and now I have the serail number field which is actual the mac address and the prodcut class fields. Still nothing under the real mac address field , IP and WLAN SSID fields.

Thanks again

electravis
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:52 pm

Well I figured it out in case anyone else is in the boat i am in all the right device parameters can be found when you show your device you then just edit and add or delete from the two files index_parameters.yml and summary_parameters.yml

uCZBpmK6pwoZg7LR
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:06 pm

Hi Mikrotik.
How to interpretate this error ? Why it cannot do config overwrite ?

14:03:43 tr069,warning couldn't apply config overwrite
14:03:43 tr069,debug starting session, events: [7 TRANSFER COMPLETE, M Download (1), ]
14:03:43 tr069,debug send: Inform
14:03:43 tr069,debug rcvd: InformResponse
14:03:43 tr069,debug send: TransferComplete ["resolving error"]
14:03:43 tr069,debug rcvd: TransferCompleteResponse
14:03:43 tr069,debug session finished with error: ""
14:03:43 tr069,info performing config overwrite
14:03:43 tr069,warning couldn't apply config overwrite
14:03:43 tr069,debug scheduled next Session retry after 10 seconds

Already found issue. It will be good to have better verbosity for xml tr069-packets

babbycp
just joined

Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:08 pm

I am getting the error also
warning couldn't apply config overwrite
Did you get a fix or an example of the vendor file?

hengst
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:49 pm

regarding genieacs

for editing the

genieacs-gui/config/index_parameters.yml
genieacs-gui/config/summary_parameters.yml

i found this page very helpfull :
https://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:T ... eters-6.39

example what worked for me :

MK Serial : Device.DeviceInfo.SerialNumber
MK Device type : Device.DeviceInfo.ModelName
MK Software version: Device.DeviceInfo.SoftwareVersion
MK Identity : Device.DeviceInfo.X_MIKROTIK_SystemIdentity

Error0x29A
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:24 pm

Thanks for the guide. I'm going to try it with the most recent LTS version Ubuntu.

hapym3al
just joined

Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:19 pm

Thanks for the guide. I'm going to try it with the most recent LTS version Ubuntu.
Just checking in if came right with this? I tried the genieacs and freeacs on lts 18.04.2 and cant for life of me get it right and got to certain point then either ruby just having issues with genie and cant remember what freeacs complained about.

Think an update to this guide is necessary.

Louie
just joined

Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:10 pm

Just checking in if came right with this? I tried the genieacs and freeacs on lts 18.04.2 and cant for life of me get it right and got to certain point then either ruby just having issues with genie and cant remember what freeacs complained about.

I've tested all kinds of provision with freeacs and posted some step-by-step howto with screens. In Russian. There are some few tricky things about software upgrade but in general all works like a charm with freeacs.

skullcandy
just joined

Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:35 am

A working Step by Step guide for installing Genieacs with Gui on a ubuntu server is available on youtube https://youtu.be/9nPLRkH7UFI !

Harry53
just joined

Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:44 pm

Thanks for your instruction.It helps me a lot.

skullcandy
just joined

Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:21 pm

For Step By Step Guide On Installing GenieACS For Mikrotik EcoSystem Please Have A Look At My Video Tutorials :

https://youtu.be/-9RW6V2bZqw

shengc
just joined

Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:42 pm

I found one free ACS Test PlatForm,
http://39.106.195.193:9090/acscloud/

sleerf
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:35 pm

Thank you! I was stumped on this a year ago and gave up!

pitterbrayn
just joined

Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:27 pm

Thanks for the guide, I am going to sticky this

prawira
Trainer
Trainer

Tue Feb 09, 2021 6:19 pm

dear all,

a working of TR069 with GenieACS v1.2.3 (Step-by-Step) with recent Ubuntu LTS version can be found on viewtopic.php?t=172399

the instalation using the recent version of :
● Ubuntu 20.04 LTS
● nodejs v14.15.4
● MongoDB v4.4.0
● GenieACS v1.2.3 => v1.2.5 now

still waiting someone from MikroTik to stick the mention tutorial

Paul Darius
Last edited by prawira on Fri Mar 19, 2021 3:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

prawira
Trainer
Trainer

Mon May 10, 2021 12:25 pm

for genieacs, use "3 Vendor Configuration File" and push to the router

P

m4t7e0
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Wed May 19, 2021 5:50 pm

Someone can have some information about tr069 working behind NAT such as XMPP or STUN server or Mikrotik is involved to evelop the USP support?

lanhampr

Thu Jun 09, 2022 6:22 pm

Anybody using Zhone ZNID devices here. We are struggling with Mikrotik handing out Option 43 to these devices. I am a bit confused about what I should see in a DHCP debug log. I am assuming I would see the Option 43 data sent to the CPE also on the mechanics of it. Does the CPE ask for Option 43 and if the Mikrotik is configured properly it would send it?

BabyTeanofred
just joined

Fri Jun 24, 2022 8:13 am

First you need to enable auto-detection of device models.

#/opt/freeacs-tr069/config/application-config.conf
# Discovery Mode can be set to true if you want to automatically add a new
# unittype and unit. This mode is violating the security of the system,
# because it allows unknown units to connect and then changes will be performed
# in the database. So use this option with caution, preferably when you want to
# add a new unittype to the system. Default is false.
#discovery.mode = false
discovery.mode = true
Then this option can be disabled, a second server can be started to train new models, and then transferred to prod via export / import, but for a start it is very useful.

On your trial Mikrotik, you need to import the certificate that we made for Nginx – acs_mydomain_ru.chained.crt v System / Certificates / Import…
Then install the tr069-client package and specify the ACS URL: .https: //acs.mydomain.ru: 8099 / tr069 / prov Username: . And you’re done.
By clicking Apply, the device will connect to the server via https, the Periodic inform interval will change in the window, and a new Unit type and, accordingly, Unit will appear on the server

This concludes the first part. We have a working autoconfiguration server serving devices over a secure connection on a separate port that is easy to monitor. The second part will contain pictures, scripts and combat experience with devices.