Community discussions

bigcw
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Authentication with parent proxy

Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:34 pm

Hi all

I have a router set up with a web proxy which forwards to a parent web proxy on the internet. The parent requires a username and password before it will proxy requests but I cannot see anywhere to do this. Can anyone point me in the right direction, please?

Note I have tried 'user:pass@ip' as the parent proxy address but that does not work.

Thanks, Chris
Ecom International Network - Operators of AS61337 with POPs in Europe and North America - www.ecomltd.co.uk
Colocker Data Centre - The data centre with a difference! - www.colocker.com

bigcw
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Re: Authentication with parent proxy

Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:57 pm

Any Mikrotik staff able to provide guidance on this, please?
Ecom International Network - Operators of AS61337 with POPs in Europe and North America - www.ecomltd.co.uk

bigcw
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:44 pm

It's a year since the original post. Just wondered if Mikrotik had any intention to add this feature? Seems like a pretty simple thing to do to me....

Sob
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:37 am

If you need clear answer, you need to ask them (write to support), because they don't reply to (or necessarily even read) all posts here. This is officially just user forum.

Another thing, they probably have a list of "pretty simple things to do" that would make them busy for years. So you need to be pretty convincing, if you want something. Or there has to be a lot of people who want some feature. And even that doesn't always work.
People who quote full posts should be spanked with ethernet cable. Some exceptions for multi-topic threads may apply.

bigcw
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:27 pm

Or there has to be a lot of people who want some feature. And even that doesn't always work.
That is definitely the truth!