Community discussions

nicefellow1234
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Netinstall is not getting to show the RB at all???

Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:26 am

Hi,

I hope that everyone will be in perfect health.

I have been trying to netinstall RB's since this 2nd time but I can't seem to get the RB in netinstall after holding the reset button for quite long and nothing shows in there..!
While before this I was able to perfectly netinstall with older Router OS Versions and with older netinstall version but now it can't seem to find the RB at all..!
Can you let me know that what would be the issue please??

Here are the steps which I take to get netinstall to work as :
1) Plug in Ethernet wire in Port 1 of RB750GL.
2) Connect the same Ethernet Wire another port to Laptop with Windows 10 64 Bit Installed.
3) Configure Static IP Address of 192.168.1.2 on the PC at the exact LAN Card at which I have connected the Ethernet Wire to the Laptop.
4) Run Netinstall with Run As Administrator and set IP Address as 192.168.1.3 In Net Booting with Boot Server Enabled Checked.
5) Press and Hold the Reset button and then apply power to the Router by inserting the Power connector and then while keep holding the Reset button waits for more than 20-30 seconds while in between the RB keeps connecting and disconnecting from the Laptop PC as I can see perfectly at the view network connections status but still not getting any RB in netsintall to show up at all..!

Even released the button after a long while and waited for like 20 seconds but still didn't get the RB to show up in the netinstall.

So I am wondering what could be the issue???
Will be grateful if anyone can solve this please..

nicefellow1234
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Re: Netinstall is not getting to show the RB at all???

Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:57 am

It seemed to be some problem with my Laptop when I tried on another laptop so It worked perfectly..!
Thanks for reading my post..!

diskmandata4
just joined

Re: Netinstall is not getting to show the RB at all???

Thu May 16, 2019 11:33 am

Hi!
I had issues with Mikrotik Groove-A52HPn anthenna and struggled many days with netinstall not showing it.
After a lot of try and error I decided to write what worked for me.

I will list my TOP points that need to be followed when working with NetInstall:

1. Disable ALL other interfaces, except the one connected to your Mikrotik device or switch. ("ALL" means, virtual adapters, modems, etc.)
2. UNINSTALL any AntiVirus software and DISABLE Windows firewall! Believe me, this is important!
3. Download latest version of NetInstall (but also try with some of archived versions as last resort)
4. Open NetInstall > turn off your Mikrotik device > press and keep RESET button and right after that start your device > KEEP RESET BUTTON PRESSED UNTIL YOU SEE YOUR DEVICE IN NETINSTALL!

The last point is also very important as in the manual of Mikrotik Groove-A52HPn anthenna is written that you should release the reset button after LEDs turn off (around 15 seconds), BUT wasn't my case. This anthenna showed up in the NetInstall around 20+ seconds, so KEEP IT PRESSED but also don't miss previous steps!
Good Luck! ;)

--
Valentin