Community discussions

MikroTik App

abhinay
just joined
Topic Author

Need Load balancing between two routers with multiple links

Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:45 pm

Hi,

I have a setup in which we have a central router with bandwidth from multiple providers and all our remote sites are connected through Point to Point links.

We are using multiple Point to Point links for each site. Our links are through fiber, RF and also leased from telephone companies. What I wanted to say that there are multiple P2P links between the Central router and remote router with similar or different bandwidth.

My main requirement is to provide bandwidth based load balancing, automatic switchover and also raising of alarm is any link is down.

I tried multiple methods including bonding-alb, bonding-tlb and bandwidth based billing which was detailed here https://mum.mikrotik.com//presentations/US12/tomas.pdf.

The most promising I thought was the last one but somehow I was not able to make it work.

I am finally using bonding-rr but there are a few disadvantages.

1. It assumes both links to be of equal bandwidth which is not the case. And also, If one link gets slow, the whole connectivity slows down.
2. If any link goes down, I don't get any alarm and we have to continuously monitor it.

Can anybody please suggest me some method for this scenario

Thanks in advance

abhinay
just joined
Topic Author

Re: Need Load balancing between two routers with multiple links

Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:11 pm

Nobody??

amity2kare

Re: Need Load balancing between two routers with multiple links

Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:48 pm

Hi,

We have done the same thing in our setup. I used simple ECMP by specifying multiple gateways in the default route. Worked well for me.