MikroTik App

ploquets
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

QoS HTB - How to only prioritize

Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:42 pm

Hello! thanks for reach my question

I need help to achieve a scenario that will prioritize an interface, but, generically.

How is that?

Let me explain:

We have some customers that would not disconnect any cable from its internal network and want to perform some testing, just to see if the ISP is delivering the contracted link.
And I'm talking about "technical customers" that works in I.T department.

So, they like to call us to complain about the Internet but they only run speedtests when the whole company is connected and using the Internet.
They don't want to perform any test that will disconnect the company from the internet, which means that always will be traffic from the company, plus the speedtest traffic.

So, my thinking is to deliver an RB951Ui-2HnD and designate:

-- 1 WAN port
-- 3 ethernet ports as production
-- 1 ethernet port + Wireless only for testing.

And, create a QoS that will prioritize those interfaces (will be a bridge) over the production interface (the one that is plugged into the Firewall's company e.g.)

This will be a script to be deployed generically on multiple devices, so, each customer has it's own plan, which means that I don't know the MAX-LIMIT for each one.

What I'm trying to achieve is to create a QoS based on the Interface max throughput and limit the "limit-at" so they can share the remaining traffic.
Assuming that DHCP, IP Firewall Filter, and everything is working OK, I'll only paste here the minimal configuration that I think will have influence on QoS.

Here is how my code looks like:

Ethernet ports:
( you can see that ether2 is the master-port for 3 interfaces....)
/interface ethernet
set [ find default-name=ether1 ] name=ether1-wan
set [ find default-name=ether2 ] name=ether2-lan
set [ find default-name=ether3 ] name=ether3-lan master-port=ether2-lan
set [ find default-name=ether4 ] name=ether4-lan master-port=ether2-lan
set [ find default-name=ether5 ] name=ether5-testing
Wireless:
/interface wireless set 0 \
band=2ghz-g/n channel-width=20/40mhz-eC country="united states" default-forwarding=no distance=indoors frequency=auto frequency-mode=regulatory-domain \
hw-fragmentation-threshold=2346 max-station-count=1 mode=ap-bridge name=wlan-tests preamble-mode=short ssid=Testing wireless-protocol=802.11 wmm-support=enabled
BRIDGE!
/interface bridge
add name="for-TEST" protocol-mode=none

/interface bridge port
add bridge=para-TESTES interface=ether5-testing
add bridge=para-TESTES interface=wlan-tests

/interface bridge settings
set allow-fast-path=no use-ip-firewall=yes

PPPoE Client:
/interface pppoe-client
add add-default-route=yes interface=ether1-wan max-mru=1492 max-mtu=1492 name=PPPoE password=123 user=123
Mangle Rules:
/ip firewall mangle

##### PLEASE NOTE THAT I'M USING THE NO-MARK AS MATCHING, JUST TO NOT REMARK ALREADY MARKED CONNECTIONS/PACKETS

# MARK CONNECTION
add action=mark-connection chain=prerouting comment="TESTING" connection-mark=no-mark in-interface="for-TEST" new-connection-mark=TEST-conn passthrough=yes
add action=mark-connection chain=prerouting comment="PRODUC" connection-mark=no-mark in-interface="ether2-lan" new-connection-mark=PROD-conn passthrough=yes
# MARK PACKETS
add action=mark-packet chain=forward comment="MARK TESTING" connection-mark=TEST-conn new-packet-mark=TEST packet-mark=no-mark passthrough=yes
add action=mark-packet chain=forward comment="MARK PRODUCTION" connection-mark=PROD-conn new-packet-mark=PROD packet-mark=no-mark passthrough=yes
Queue tree:
/queue tree
add max-limit=100M name=MASTER parent=global priority=1 queue=default
add limit-at=100k max-limit=100M name=NON-PRIORITY packet-mark=PROD parent=MASTER queue=default priority=8
add limit-at=99M max-limit=100M name=PRIORITY packet-mark=TEST parent=MASTER queue=default priority=7
So, what I think is that will fill the "limit-at" first and than, the two childs will be sharing the remaining bandwidth that will be max-limit.

Packets are shown by the statistics, but will not prioritize the TEST bridge when they try to dispute for the remaining bandwidth.

Any help will be much, much appreciated.

I'm running the latest bugfix build (6.37.4).

Thank you!

ploquets
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Re: QoS HTB - How to only prioritize

Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:39 pm

Bump... please, any help would be much appreciated.

ploquets
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Re: QoS HTB - How to only prioritize

Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:14 am

Please, help

Enviado de meu XT1225 usando Tapatalk