Community discussions

MikroTik App

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support
Topic Author

MikroTik User Meeting conference in POLAND, January 2007

Mon Nov 06, 2006 2:14 pm

Tomorrow we will start registration for MUM:EUROPE 2007. It will take place in the beautiful city of Krakow, Poland. January 25-26, 2007.

Our main focus is on the presentations, stories and case studies made and presented by our users, customers, distributors and fans. Please contact us if you wish to make a presentation, and we will reward you with a number of RouterOS licenses and the overall respect from the visitors of MUM.

We are also welcoming our distributors to the MUM, we make it possible to meet your existing customers, improve business relationships and and find new business opportunities. Make a reservation for a special company table where you will be able to show your products, and talk with people.

the MUM is only possible if you contribute. Without your stories and presentations, there would be no MUM. Think fast and contact us today, the requirements are not high, anyone with a MikroTik network can sign up to make a presentation. Don't think twice, it's all right - make some pictures of your setups, export a diagram from the Dude, prepare a funny story and drop us an email.

As usual, the MUM is only a complete experience, if you also register for the Training before MUM. Training classes have always been fun with MikroTik, either in the Basic class or the Advanced class. Make new friends, learn everything about MikroTik, upgrade your skillset - only at the MikroTik User Meeting.

More information:
http://mum.mikrotik.com
http://training.mikrotik.com
Last edited by normis on Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:17 am, edited 3 times in total.

freebird
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Fri Nov 10, 2006 9:02 am

A fast google visit gave me this result:

http://www.krakow.hotelsystem.pl/?new_lang=angielski

- 159 rooms
- free wifi in hotel
- free pc in room
- free internet in room
- up to 250 seats confernce room
- wellness center incl. pool and sauna for after conference chill-out

and even cheaper than the other hotel.

seandsl
--

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support
Topic Author

Fri Nov 10, 2006 9:10 am

we have already changed the hotel to Hotel Chopin. I just updated the MUM page with links to cheapest hotel prices, starts from 49Eur per night.

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support
Topic Author

Mon Nov 13, 2006 8:50 am

REGISTRATION TO THE MUM 2007: EUROPE IS NOW OPEN!

alkaida

Wed Nov 15, 2006 9:55 pm

Hi there, I am from kosovo, me and my friend are interested to be in MUM, but we dont have Visa to travel from here to poland, for some who dont know what visa is, ( Travel authorization). Can you help me please, I am so much interested on Mikrotik Routers adn would like to be part of MUM.

balimore
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Thu Nov 16, 2006 8:21 am

Hi there, I am from kosovo, me and my friend are interested to be in MUM, but we dont have Visa to travel from here to poland, for some who dont know what visa is, ( Travel authorization). Can you help me please, I am so much interested on Mikrotik Routers adn would like to be part of MUM.
-----
as far as i have VISA is cc :lol:
maybe mikrotik can help you, when you are applying to the MUM....!!!!

regards
Hasbullah.com
-----

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support
Topic Author

Thu Nov 16, 2006 8:48 am

you can contact your local travel agencies to arrange a tourism trip to Krakow. it's a popular tourist place, I don't see a problem with organizing a trip and a visa. just call your travel agencies.

alkaida

Thu Nov 16, 2006 7:39 pm

you can contact your local travel agencies to arrange a tourism trip to Krakow. it's a popular tourist place, I don't see a problem with organizing a trip and a visa. just call your travel agencies.
But perhaps you know that Kosovo isn`t still a State, it is under survey of USA and NATO, and probably you know the momental situation of Kosovo, i dont believe the travel agency can help us :cry:

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support
Topic Author

Fri Nov 17, 2006 9:53 am

if a travel agency can't help you, we can't either.

brakimienia
just joined

Mon Nov 20, 2006 11:24 pm

Hi, unfortunately you can't enter PL without VISA, see link below
-> Polish Ministry of Foreign Affairs

Try to contact with Serbian Embassy in Poland, maybe they will help you:
Al. Ujazdowskie 23/25
00-540 Warszawa
POLAND

Tel.: +48 22 628 51 61
Email: yuambapl@zigzag.pl

Good luck

milance
just joined

Tue Nov 21, 2006 1:06 am

I have been in Prague on First MUM and Firs Mikrotik Training. I just pay hotel, pay aeroplane card in two way, and go in ambassy of Chez. Also I print MUM broschure, and prepare papers from my company. They give me Visa for 8 days without any problem. I think that will be also and with Poland ambassy. You need to take business visa, not emigrant or some other.

In Prague I saw one man from Kosovo, I really don't know how he take a Visa, but he was there...

P.S. Also I prepare papers and for next MUM in Poland.... When you come first time you will come and other times....

Best Regards

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support
Topic Author

Tue Nov 21, 2006 8:46 am

thank you for great tips milance and brakimienia !

milance
just joined

Tue Nov 21, 2006 10:59 pm

People can see the date of our joining on forum... Date talks everything...

This tips are apsolutly thrue and I can said just something to all people who are thinking about coming:

" People , don't think, come...."

kapusta_kiszona
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Wed Nov 22, 2006 12:27 am

I was in Prague and I can't wait to meet you again in Cracow.

mortin

Sat Dec 09, 2006 3:36 am

I was in Prague too. See you soon in Cracow :)

Regards
Marcin

ela
just joined

Re: MikroTik User Meeting conference in POLAND, January 2007

Sun Dec 10, 2006 9:14 pm

It will take place in the beautiful city of Krakow
It is fantastic ! I will be there. Well, in the fact I am here all the time as I have just started to save some extra money for ticket to Dublin ;)

By the way: it is my first message on this forum as a newbie user. I just want to say as a truly newby should "hello world" to everybody :)

milance
just joined

Wed Dec 13, 2006 11:25 pm

There will be very nice... For everyone who don't want to come please visit http://www.krakow-info.com/

Also you can find many other interesting links with your search on internet....

Many good reasons for coming are many people who will be there, many ideas, many stories, many beers :lol: :lol: :lol: and ....

mortin

Tue Dec 19, 2006 6:56 pm

Eugene Butan is attenting as student :lol:

http://training.mikrotik.com/user/index.php?id=49

Regards
Marcin

milance
just joined

Sun Dec 24, 2006 11:29 am

not anymore... When I saw that I just ask myself: Who have teach us in Prague last january???

There must be some reason of this mistake ??? Maybe Mikrotik want to say that teachers for next Training are much much better and that they must learn and Eugene how to use this routing system ???? :roll: :roll: :roll:

djdodo

re

Thu Dec 28, 2006 12:56 am

I have been too in Prague on MuM 2006 (Hotel DUO) and iam looking forward to see you again at MuM 2007 in Krakow...
We wish happy new year and from prague...

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support
Topic Author

Tue Jan 09, 2007 11:18 am

Important notice! Krakow Venue has changed to a bigger hotel, bookmark the MUM page and check within a few hours to see the new location of the MUM. it will be close to the center of the city.

milance
just joined

Fri Jan 12, 2007 12:34 am

This new Hotel is much much better... I want to said thanks to Mikrotik staf on making gooood price for this fantastic hotel...

P.S. I think that my reservation with Mikrotik special price will be finished tomorow. I'm sorry for Chopin :(, but Qubus is the winner

See you soon

djdodo

Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:11 am

Hello, how is "Mikrotik" price per night on Qubus?
Jiri
This new Hotel is much much better... I want to said thanks to Mikrotik staf on making gooood price for this fantastic hotel...

P.S. I think that my reservation with Mikrotik special price will be finished tomorow. I'm sorry for Chopin :(, but Qubus is the winner

See you soon

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support
Topic Author

Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:29 am

There is a special conference rate of EUR50/night (single room) or EUR60/night (double room) at Qubus Hotel.

milance
just joined

Fri Jan 12, 2007 6:48 pm

You can call (+48 71) 78287 65 , just press 2 for English, or you can write mail to them on rezerwacja@qubushotel.com
Also you need to say that you are Mikrotik guest...

See you soon in Krakow

valens
Trainer
Trainer

Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:47 am

I will come to this MUM... with almost 15 hours flight and 13 hours connecting time at frankfurt.
Anyone can give information how to get to the hotel from airport? If I have to use taxi, how much it will cost ? Thx in advance!

andreacoppini
Trainer
Trainer

Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:25 am

I will come to this MUM... with almost 15 hours flight and 13 hours connecting time at frankfurt.
Anyone can give information how to get to the hotel from airport? If I have to use taxi, how much it will cost ? Thx in advance!
I just arrived, 9 hours in Milan, bloody weather :-(

got a taxi to Qubus = 80 Zloti... hotel is amazing, well done guys.

milance
just joined

Sat Jan 20, 2007 12:47 pm

Hotel is really fantastic, like on website photos, maybe and better. I also have paid taxi 80zl. It's look like usual price...

Have anyone idea where to go at Saturday in the evening in Krakow???

Diganet

Sat Jan 20, 2007 9:25 pm

Hi,

Me and a customer just went over the bridge to the left and around 500m down the street theres a good and cheap restaurant!... Yeah youre right, fantastic hotel

/Henrik

milance
just joined

Sun Jan 21, 2007 10:15 am

Here is the first photo from Mikrotik Training opening....

valent

Thu Jan 25, 2007 4:56 pm

Please, please, please make available video and audio recordings of MUM meetings. There a lot of us who don't have time, money, ______ (fill in your excuse) :) But would like to see and hear what is going on there.

Please, please.

I wanted to go, prepared and then we started having so much work to do that I coudn't get my vacation... :(

I'm from Croatia and would take 12h train to Krakow! Just if I could get vacation time...

So please make some video and audio files awailable.

Thank you in advance!

Valent from Croatia.

valent

Thu Jan 25, 2007 5:09 pm

If I was there I would like to ask if I was at MUM meeting:

How to make wireless QoS with Mikrotik?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but there can't be real QoS on any wireless network, as there is on wired networks.

On wired networks you give some protocols the percentage of maximum bandwidth;
ie. http gets 30-90% (and is in 1st category)
ftp gets 40-60% (and is in 2nd category)
all rest gets 30-50% (and is in 3rd category)

so http ALWAYS gets minimum 30Mbit (30% of 100Mbit) on a standard network, and it is guaranteed to get that, there is no way it can get less than that, as ftp has a maximum of 40Mbit and all rest has 30Mbit, so combined it is 100Mbits/sec.

On a wireless network maximum bandwidth is always changing. If some client with poor connection connects speed throughput drops to everyone other connected. Also there is some overhead when there are more clients connected. It is not the same if there is only 2-3 clients connected or if there are 10, and not only because the speed is divided among the connected users but also because of the overhead and mutual noise that gets generated as more people put their antennas toward one to which they all connect.

Please correct me if I'm wrong and tell me how do you setup QoS on Mikrotik Wireless routers?

pekr
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:36 pm

Any news from conference regarding development of new, more powerfull routerboards?

-pekr-

soleed

Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:12 pm

is there any chance for a middel east MuM

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support
Topic Author

Mon Jan 29, 2007 1:32 pm

The first batch of pictures just arrived in the MUM section of the wiki ...

pekr
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Mon Jan 29, 2007 4:55 pm

ok, nice :-) But what was said about new, upcoming routerboards? :-)

thanks,
Petr

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support
Topic Author

Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:18 am

ask someone who was there :) why weren't you there?

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support
Topic Author

Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:09 am

STATISTICS:

We had ~300 participants from many different countries, plus at least 20 which sneaked in without getting their badges. The furthest visitor came all the way from Indonesia!

We had 17 wonderful presentations, many of which are already available on the wiki page.

pekr
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:35 pm

Yes, that was really a BAD decision to not go there. I am from CZ, but Krakow is something like 100km? from here, whereas last year we travelled to Prague, some 450km, so actually this year, although in Poland, it was closer for us :-)

My brother did not want to go - way too much work. Then at the day of conference he asked me - why didn't we go there? I thought I will shoot him :-)

So, hopefully next year. The question is, where is MUM going to be next year?

Cheers,
-pekr-

kapusta_kiszona
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:57 pm

STATISTICS:

We had ~300 participants from many different countries, plus at least 20 which sneaked in without getting their badges. The furthest visitor came all the way from Indonesia!
Yeah. I remember this guy from Yogya and his idea of putting cable from Sumatra to Malaysian Peninsula. :-)

I was without my badge because I get it afternoon.
;-)

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support
Topic Author

Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:17 am

seems like you won't get the free license then :(

I have put some new pics on the wiki.

kapusta_kiszona
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:49 pm

Why not?
Queue was so big, the guy at the desk ask to come later. I did come later to complete registration ang received my badge.