Community discussions

MikroTik App

Egate
Long time Member
Long time Member
Topic Author

Bank Statement import billing

Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:15 am

Anybody know of a free standing, not cloud based, billing system that can import payments from a bank statement. Any, suggested/info would be appreciated.

bigcw
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: Bank Statement import billing

Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:17 pm

Seeing your location in South Africa probably means this isn't relevant to you... but nevertheless...

I rolled my own accounts system and we now use it across four companies. It plugs in to everything required to automate the vast majority of my billing, including time-based (eg monthly subscriptions) and usage based (eg GB used, mbps 95th, power consumed, etc) and outputs PDF invoices which are automatically emailed to customers.

For the bank integration I used a combination of barclayscrape and this open source implementation of the Barclays PIN sentry security device.

I also wrote my own code using Perl LWP that can scrape transactions from HSBC's online service but that is not the best as it requires to be fed with codes from the security device at random intervals (sometimes they last an hour, sometimes several days) so you can never guarantee that it will keep running. Happy to share that but as above I guess it is not of much interest given that your banks are probably different.

Chris

Egate
Long time Member
Long time Member
Topic Author

Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:40 pm

Thanks for the responce. As you mentioned, would not help me much, but is always interisting to see how other people accomplish this. We recieve a lot of internet banking payments into our account, causing the bank to send a automated email of payment or once every twelve hourse a csv file of all transactions. Currentley this has to be manualley entered into Radius Server, which by the way is great software, but i have to automate this function. There is quite a few cloud based radius servers capable of this, but all there payment plans is in dollars, bringing the exchange rate into play. Unfortunatley this is currntley to volitile to be an option, change by sometimes up to 10% in a day.

idlemind
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:18 am

If you have a CSV it should be pretty straightforward to automate. MikroTik has an API not sure which RADIUS server you're using.

Egate
Long time Member
Long time Member
Topic Author

Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:41 am

Hi Idlemind.

Currentley using Radius Manager. Is software based on freeradius.

welan

Thu May 17, 2018 1:06 pm

Hello,
we are using www.webilly.it, it has a lot of automated script for banking.
They are very willing to make changes to the software on customer needs.
The platform includes freeradius.

ajack46

Thu May 17, 2018 1:13 pm

Changes according to customer needs, is one of the best features i consider of the software.