Community discussions

MikroTik App

Antonio
just joined
Topic Author

VPN to LAN access

Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:56 am

Good mornging from Spain. First thing is to apologize because probably this is a basic question but I'm a noob and everything I do is read and copy/paste...
I have OpenVPN working between my iPhone and my router. If I set Pool to asign the iPhone a IP in the LAN range (192.168.1.0/24) I can access both internet and my PC at home, but if I set Pool in a differente range (10.0.0.0/24 so there is no conflict if I'm in a public wifi with the same range as my LAN) I can access internet but not my PC. As far as I know, the solution is to establish a bridge between VPN and LAN but I don't know how to do it...
Any help will be very welcome
Thank you in advance

Van9018
Long time Member
Long time Member

Re: VPN to LAN access

Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:13 pm

It's not a bridge you need, but a route on your iPhone to send 192.168.1.0/24 packets over the VPN. However this will also conflict with the local network you iPhone is connected.

Options:
1. Change home IP subnet
2. Set iPhone to send ALL traffic over the VPN. Then your iPhone will connect to your home devices, but not local devices (in the event there is an IP conflict).
3. Use dst-nat (forwarding). Set forwarding rules in your firewall > NAT. When traffic is destined to the 10.0.0.0/24 IP of your Mikrotik, forward it to your PC. You'd also need a masquerade rule for traffic going out the VPN interface. Which means you have to configure a VPN interface for your username in the Mikrotik....

Option 1 seems easiest?