Community discussions

MikroTik App

NetWorker
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Possible SSH bug 6.38.5

Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:46 pm

Hey all, I've searched around but haven't found anything related to a failing SSH service.

I recently upgraded a RB750GL to 6.38.5 (also updated firmware to 3.33) from 6.35.4. I don't know if it was the update per se, all I know is that it was working before and now it isn't. I also applied a few minor changes to a few scripts and ovpn connections. But nothing even remotely related to SSH. Nor did I touch the certificates. Oh and I also added the NTP server service.

In any case, when I winbox in, I can see the SSH service in red (see attached). I've enabled logging for ssh but no entries are logged whatsoever. I tried different clients (putty and connectbot on android) and they all get either "connection refused" or "connection reset by peer".

If I disable the service and enable it again, it turns black, but I get the same results clientside (no connection). If I reboot, it's red again. Again, no log entries whatsoever. I also tried changing the default port to a higher one but the issue persists.

Hints, suggestions, pointers, comments welcome.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

idlemind
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Possible SSH bug 6.38.5

Mon May 01, 2017 9:27 pm

Please export ip ssh.
/ip ssh export

NetWorker
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Re: Possible SSH bug 6.38.5  [SOLVED]

Thu May 04, 2017 11:43 pm

Please export ip ssh.
I telnetted in, but /ip ssh returned bad command. I thought, that's odd, it should be there even if it was failing, right? Then it hit me, I checked the installed packages and sure enough, the security package wasn't there. Looks like I accidentally didn't select it when uploading all the packages. I uploaded the package and ssh is back in black. ;)

You can mark this as solved by facepalm. =D

idlemind
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Possible SSH bug 6.38.5

Fri May 05, 2017 12:42 am

Nice glad to hear it was straight forward!