Community discussions

teslajim
just joined
Topic Author

Powerbox and using POE

Fri May 19, 2017 6:10 am

I just received the Powerbox - a POE router/switch.

If I plug a POE cable into the Powerbox into Port 1 from a POE enabled switch. the Powerbox is not powered up.

Although Mikrotik did provide an ethernet splitter, the plug for the power will not fit the power plug in the Powerbox. It does fit into the cable from the power adapter which is pretty useless.

What am I doing wrong? The Powerbox must be powered from POE to be of use to me.

Shadeofspirit
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: Powerbox and using POE

Fri May 19, 2017 4:36 pm

I just received the Powerbox - a POE router/switch.

If I plug a POE cable into the Powerbox into Port 1 from a POE enabled switch. the Powerbox is not powered up.

Although Mikrotik did provide an ethernet splitter, the plug for the power will not fit the power plug in the Powerbox. It does fit into the cable from the power adapter which is pretty useless.

What am I doing wrong? The Powerbox must be powered from POE to be of use to me.
1) what switch do you use (with what poe standart)? - powerbox box can be powered 6v-30v (by powerbox you will power devices with the same voltage as applied to the unit)
2) injector that is provided with the unit - you can find information on it: on side is power&data (from this side you should connect powerbox) - on other side two connectors (power- to connect power adapter and rj45 for data)
MTCNA, MTCWE