Community discussions

MikroTik App

stereomind
just joined
Topic Author

Changing QuickSet's WAN interface

Fri May 26, 2017 9:06 pm

Hello folks. This has been asked before, but for different reasons...

Is it possible to change the interface that QuickSet treats as the WAN interface?
My main reason is that we have several dozen of Mikrotik CPE routers that were cycled out of service due to damaged WAN ports (physical damage or lightning-related). These routers are perfectly functional, other than the WAN port.

I know I can use standard commands to reconfigure these routers to use, say, ether2 as WAN, and everything works fine, but this breaks QuickSet which our customers would need to have access to, so they could change some basic parameters, like wifi settings.

It would be REALLY handy if we could change QuickSet's WAN interface assignment.. This would save potentially hundreds of routers from the landfill.

Thank you!

dsiecinski
just joined

Re: Changing QuickSet's WAN interface

Sun Jun 04, 2017 8:49 pm

I fight with this several weeks
I dont think They will do this

reason : money
They will lose lots of $ if They do this

anyway
I set WAN port to other port on 2switch Router RB2011 and RB3011
and some reason CANT set Firewall rules on other ports than ether1 and sfp1 ( like in QuickSet is )

error apear : in/out-interface matcher not possible when interface (ether10) is a slave - use master intead (bridge1)

nescafe2002
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:20 pm

This can be resolved in seconds instead of weeks. And won't cost you or Mikrotik a penny :)

Separate ether10 from switch2 ( /interface ethernet set ether10 master-port=none ) and/or from bridge ( /interface bridge port remove [f interface=ether10 ) and you can do whatever you want with it.

Don't use quickset for any other than template default configurations.

stereomind
just joined
Topic Author

Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:47 am

The whole point is to be able to use quickset so these routers could still be used as CPEs, and we wouldn't have to talk customers through changing settings through webfig or winbox.
This can be resolved in seconds instead of weeks. And won't cost you or Mikrotik a penny :)

Separate ether10 from switch2 ( /interface ethernet set ether10 master-port=none ) and/or from bridge ( /interface bridge port remove [f interface=ether10 ) and you can do whatever you want with it.

Don't use quickset for any other than template default configurations.