Community discussions

MikroTik App

karyal
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

EOIP tunnel problem

Wed Nov 22, 2006 11:04 am

Hi, i'm trying to set up an eoip tunnel for a users, he's on an external network and i need to use my addressing.

I have set up the tunnel, and checked the mac address are different..
I can ping the ip on the client side of the tunnel, i can ssh to it, the user can even use the connection for some sites.

But i cannot winbox to it, and most of the sites do not work.
Network configuration (dns, ips) are ok.
I had some similar problems with ipip tunnels under linux, because of fragmentation/mtu size.
I wonder if this can be the same situation, but i cannot find more tools to debug..

Thanks,
Ricky

airstream
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed Nov 22, 2006 9:53 pm

Hi there Ricky,

Have you created a bridge and added the EoIP interface to it?

karyal
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Wed Nov 22, 2006 10:04 pm

Hi there Ricky,

Have you created a bridge and added the EoIP interface to it?
No.. i want to have the traffic routed through the tunnel.. i.e. i want to use the eiop tunnel as a point-to-point interface, with public ips to the end user ethernet.
Bye,
Ricky

airstream
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed Nov 22, 2006 11:14 pm

You need to bind the EoIP interface to one of your local interfaces via bridge before it will be linked to any physical ethernet hardware, or create routes to use the EoIP interface. Simply having it there is not enough.

karyal
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Wed Nov 22, 2006 11:18 pm

You need to bind the EoIP interface to one of your local interfaces via bridge before it will be linked to any physical ethernet hardware, or create routes to use the EoIP interface. Simply having it there is not enough.
I have created the routes, in fact the end user is reacheable from everywhere (by icmp).. the problem is that he can for example connect to some web sites, and some other not, some services work, and some other not..
I had the same problem on an ipip tunnel under linux, and it was an mtu fragmentation problem... i don't know if it's the same situation here, and how to solve it :(

airstream
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu Nov 23, 2006 1:01 am

This could indicate an MTU problem, try adjusting the MTU on you EoIP inteface to 1466 or even lower. Hotmail.com is a good place to test if your MTU is screwed, it wont show if its wrong.

karyal
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Thu Nov 23, 2006 1:11 am

This could indicate an MTU problem, try adjusting the MTU on you EoIP inteface to 1466 or even lower. Hotmail.com is a good place to test if your MTU is screwed, it wont show if its wrong.

thanks, i lowered the mtu to 1400 and it worked :D