Community discussions

MikroTik App

tsouzar
Topic Author

URGENT Fix/Feature Request: Spectral Scan/History in 802.11ac devices.

Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:16 am

I think MikroTik can't see the urgency of fixing Spectral History and Spectral Scan (The Dude) in 802.11ac devices.
I'll make it clear: your 802.11ac radios are USELESS without it! It's stupid to imagine MikroTik think somebody can use their 802.11ac devices without the ability to analyse the RF spectrum for the choose of proper channel.

MikroTik, stop everything else you are spending time on wireless and focus on Spectral Scan! Nothing is more important, because doesn't matter which features radios have, if you can't find a clean channel to have it working on.
You keep adding new features and releasing new 802.11ac devices, but don't seem to be even working to fix this fucking deficiency.

I'm hating wireless industry these days. There's always something missing and we must pick a important feature to give up when choosing manufacturers.

jarda
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: URGENT Fix/Feature Request: Spectral Scan/History in 802.11ac devices.

Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:48 am

This was said many times here and there is also a dedicated thread for this.

tsouzar
Topic Author

Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:01 am

This was said many times here and there is also a dedicated thread for this.
Cool. I saw that topic once, but forgot about it.
Anyway, looks like MikroTik does not care. They continue wasting time with less important things.

I created this topic to remind MikroTik that this is URGENT, not just a common feature request. People are buying devices that are almost paperweight, because can't get them working fine without the abiliy to analyse the RF spectrum. What a disrespect with customers' money...

pcunite
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:57 am

This is an important feature. I need it.

jarda
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:05 am

It really is. If you want to urge mikrotik, create a ticket at them by sending email to support. This is user forum only.

tsouzar
Topic Author

Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:09 pm

It really is. If you want to urge mikrotik, create a ticket at them by sending email to support. This is user forum only.
So, what is the purpose of this subforum?
It says in description: "BETA Testing and Feature Suggestions for the next RouterOS release (ROS v7)"

Anyway, even through I think there are already tickets about this and MikroTik doesn't care, because they are idiots, I'll contact support.

jarda
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:18 pm

I do not believe that they don't care and for sure not because you call them idiots. Please, think before you name someone like this.
The truth is that official statement to this topic is still missing.

tsouzar
Topic Author

Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:27 pm

I do not believe that they don't care and for sure not because you call them idiots. Please, think before you name someone like this.
The truth is that official statement to this topic is still missing.
Yes, they (or the person that made the choice to launch 802.11ac radios without first getting RouterOS ready for them) are idiots, bacause nobody in the wireless industry ever made the madness of selling outdoor radios with no tool for analysing the RF spectrum. MikroTik must think it's normal and professional to shot in the darkness when choosing a channel, specially on heavy noise environments.

jarda
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:35 pm

So you are not an idiot because you are smarter and not buying their products at all,right? If so, why do you care? If not so, don't you mind to give your money to such idiots?
I would.

tsouzar
Topic Author

Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:51 pm

So you are not an idiot because you are smarter and not buying their products at all,right? If so, why do you care? If not so, don't you mind to give your money to such idiots?
I would.
Yes, I mind to give money to these idiots, and that is the reason why I think they should at least give some attention for this problem.

I'm not idiot for have buy MikroTik's 802.11ac radios, because they are still the less bad option among all others (UBNT 5AC is trash, poor hardware). I keep stuck between buying PowerBeam 5AC and buying Dynadish (or Rocket 5AC and RB911/921/922): the first isn't worth 1 cent and the second will made me to lose hours picking a channel everytime I need to change it in production (that means a lot of headache). I don't think having to pick the less bad option, even still being a bad option, turns somebody into an idiot.

jarda
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:23 am

So now it is clear. People who make the best devices you can buy (and you do that) are idiots while you are not an idiot when you are paying them...
LOL!
Look at the mirror.

tsouzar
Topic Author

Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:42 am

People who make the best devices you can buy (and you do that) are idiots while you are not an idiot when you are paying them...
Are you X because you buy things from somebody that is X, being X an attribute? Not a good logic.
Let's keep the topic within original subject.

jarda
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:23 am

Just stop calling other people idiots and do not create new threads for topics that are already discussed elsewhere. I thought you might understand my message.

tsouzar
Topic Author

Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:40 pm

Just stop calling other people idiots and do not create new threads for topics that are already discussed elsewhere. I thought you might understand my message.
:wink:

I got a reply from MikroTik in a ticket I open regarding this question. They said are working to improve performance of 802.11ac radios first, then they will work on spectral scan.
They are not idiots (sorry for the name calling), but I'm still angry for the 3 years delay and don't think improving performance (that is already good) is more important than fixing spectral scan, that not even works yet.

rtacheny
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:07 pm

Posted in another thread, figured I would copy paste.

The issue isn't with Mikrotik's programming capabilities. Unfortunately they are choosing to be tight lipped as to why this feature is absent. Qualcomm realized how important this feature was and started limiting it's support in their chipsets to more expensive chips that are for "enterprise".

In short Mikrotik decided to keep costs down and pad profits by using the chips that do not include this feature. If this ever changes, you will have to buy new equipment anyways. Stop waiting, vote with your wallet and jump the ship. Mikrotik is so far behind in the wireless market.

Either that, or someone from Mikrotik can get their butt's in here and tell us/add support for these features in a Compex or JJPlus card and you can start using M11Gs.

tsouzar
Topic Author

Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:11 am

Posted in another thread, figured I would copy paste.

The issue isn't with Mikrotik's programming capabilities. Unfortunately they are choosing to be tight lipped as to why this feature is absent. Qualcomm realized how important this feature was and started limiting it's support in their chipsets to more expensive chips that are for "enterprise".

In short Mikrotik decided to keep costs down and pad profits by using the chips that do not include this feature. If this ever changes, you will have to buy new equipment anyways. Stop waiting, vote with your wallet and jump the ship. Mikrotik is so far behind in the wireless market.

Either that, or someone from Mikrotik can get their butt's in here and tell us/add support for these features in a Compex or JJPlus card and you can start using M11Gs.
If this is true, I'm not going to buy any 802.11ac devices from MikroTik anymore. It's a pity, because I got great results with NetBox 5 in PtMP application, although this being after spending 1 long month (full of angry customers) in choosing a clean channel. It's working in 802.11n and its high TX power helped us a lot in heavy noise environment where previous radio had 6dBm less power at MCS15.