Community discussions

MUM Europe 2020

dsovereen
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

HotSpot / Multiple Interfaces / login-mac-universal support

Tue Oct 26, 2004 5:33 pm

I am running HotSpot on a multiple-interface mikrotik and am trying to get login-mac-universal to work. login-mac-universal logs the client in if their MAC address matches without the need to log in through a web page.

When a user connects on wlan1, the first interface I configured, the user receives a temporary DHCP assignment, a RADIUS request goes out with the MAC address, an access-accept is returned, and the user is moved to the real DHCP network. login-mac-universal works as advertised.

But when a user connects on wlan2 or 3, the mikrotik never sends a RADIUS authentication request. The user sits on the temporary DHCP assignment until they visit the HotSpot login page.

Is this a bug? Is there a workaround? Does anyone know if this has been fixed in a beta version?

Thanks,

Dave

mag

Re: HotSpot / Multiple Interfaces / login-mac-universal supp

Sat Oct 30, 2004 11:17 am

on a similar configuration i simply put all hotspot interfaces in a bridge-group. seems to be working. (changing all rules and dhcp to the hotspot-bridge interface)

regards.
  matthias

dsovereen
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Sun Oct 31, 2004 8:33 pm

OK. I created a bridge interface and moved the wireless interfaces to the bridge group. Users can log in through the web interface and get access, but the login-mac-universal still does not work. Mikrotik does not send an authentication request until a login through the web interface is attempted.

My hotspot configuration looks like this:

use-ssl: no
hotspot-address: 0.0.0.0
dns-name: x.mercury.net
status-autorefresh: 2m
universal-proxy: no
parent-proxy: 0.0.0.0:0
auth-requires-mac: yes
auth-mac: yes
auth-mac-password: no
auth-http-cookie: no
http-cookie-lifetime: 1d
allow-unencrypted-passwords: yes
login-mac-universal: yes
split-user-domain: no

My goal is to make it so that if someone from a known, valid MAC address hits the hotspot, their MAC address authenticates them without the need for them to open a browser and log in manually.