Community discussions

MikroTik App

yehia
Topic Author

Hotspot users accounts Hacking

Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:07 pm

We r tired of trying to protect our hotspot users from their accounts hacking , and according to follow hackers we discovered that they depend on :
_root their android handhelds
_use hacking softwares :
some softwares hacking accounts by copy users mac addresses , and others hacking by chap or pap or http protocols i don't know how it could :? ...
i think the best solution to stop those abused hackers is make some special mikrotik browser depend on new protocol login maybe could add it in new update , and that browser has some special serial number using in login process. or something like PPPOE process that could make it in android systems but by easy way.
any 1 has best idea to solve this problem ??!
My BesT Regards :)

R1CH
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Hotspot users accounts Hacking

Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:46 am

No way to fix this, 802.11 protocol simply doesn't have any security if you run an open network. 802.1x is the only reasonably secure way to handle it but good luck having your customers accept it.

yehia
Topic Author

Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:47 pm

thanx 4 replaying :)

irghost

Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:51 pm

We r tired of trying to protect our hotspot users from their accounts hacking , and according to follow hackers we discovered that they depend on :
_use hacking softwares :
some softwares hacking accounts by copy users mac addresses , and others hacking by chap or pap or http protocols i don't know how it could :? ...
i think the best solution to stop those abused hackers is make some special mikrotik browser depend on new protocol login maybe could add it in new update , and that browser has some special serial number using in login process. or something like PPPOE process that could make it in android systems but by easy way.
disable the mac cookie and mac auth for Hotspot

yehia
Topic Author

Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:52 am

_use hacking softwares :
_use hacking softwares :
its impossible to make hotspot users login their accounts everytime they connect to network,, even though i tried it and some hacker could hack accounts by chap login protcol