Community discussions

MikroTik App

BelWave
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Ver 2.9beta6 bug...

Wed Oct 27, 2004 8:44 am

Simple queues do not work. They did work under Beta5 even though the "Rate" column was delayed or sluggish in response.

CPU Freq still not displayed under resources.

Routerboard now reboots and more than two packages can be uploaded without rebooting.

Multi-terminal feature in Ver 2.9 is a terrific addition!

Just need multiple address capability in Simple Queues!

Keep up the good work...

Brad

tully
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Wed Oct 27, 2004 3:27 pm

I think v2.9 beta6 already has multiple target addresses (at least in the CLI), just put a comma between the entries.

John

BelWave
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Thu Oct 28, 2004 5:34 am

Very cool John...we are excited to see that multiple target addresses in Simple Queues is becoming a reality.

I assume in coming releases the feature will also be managed via Winbox?

Just need Simple Queues to work on the next release, so we can give the multiple target addresses a try! <grin>

Also, if the Simple Queues could work in such a way that traffic matching a Simple Queue is passed and any traffic not matching a Simple Queue is dropped. With this functionality only traffic you have Queued will pass and all other traffic will be dropped. This will give protection from a user trying to "scan" or hunt for an unused IP address with out bandwidth limits set. Our Packeteer works this way and is a terrific way to stop any and all traffic that does not have a partition(queue) assigned to it.

Best,

Brad

npyoung
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Simple queues

Fri Oct 29, 2004 4:48 pm

Do simple queues not work at all, or is it rather that there are no statistics gathered? I can see that there is no feedback on data going through the queues in beta6, but I'm wondering if the queues are working anyway?

Also on the idea expressed above, great! I'm wondering if there is a way to set an IP range with simple queues, a sort of default of no data passed for IPs that aren't otherwise assigned a simple queue. I'm wondering in other words, if this functionality isn't already available.

BelWave
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Sat Oct 30, 2004 1:30 am

I'll double check tonight (the bet6 RB230 is at home) and see if the queues work even though they are not showing any data. I'm pretty sure they don't work, but will double check.

Yes, wouldn't a "Default Bucket" (Packeteer term) at the bottom of the Simple Queue list be a great way to catch any and all traffic not assigned to a queue? With this feature any IP not already assigned to a Simple Queue would fall into the "Default Bucket" and be dropped or redirected to a information webpage etc...

Currently in Ver 2.8 a 0.0.0.0/0 "Default Bucket" at the bottom of the Simple Queue list reflects ALL traffic passing rather than just traffic not already assigned to a Simple Queue further up the list.

Best,

Brad

npyoung
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

You are right, queues are non-functional

Tue Nov 02, 2004 2:04 am

Queuing doesn't work in 6, so I have rolled back to 5. I'll beta test again when queues work.