Community discussions

MUM Europe 2020

johananderssen
just joined
Topic Author

Need help setting up routerboard mikrotik hap lite

Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:03 pm

Hey folks,

im new to Mikrotik and went through some doc files and youtube to understand the basics but still facing an issue with it.

I do currently have on a specific office a Linksys wrt54gl which is pretty old and keeps crashing so we decided to buy a Mikrotik ROuterboard HAP Lite set it up and then add a Unifi AP to cover the whole office and administration with a stable wifi router.

The place where i want to add the Mikrotik and set it up as a router before the AP needs to have the IP static which i tried to set it up but i guess the issue is with the dhcp that offers the mikrotik to its clients .... I would like that the Mikrotik gives the clients in this case me as a administrator or when installed successfully it should give these IP addresses to the Unify AP http://prntscr.com/gl0c4r

How can this configuration be done perfectly because it seems to be pretty complex?

I would appreciate anyone who might help me fixing it

Krusty
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: Need help setting up routerboard mikrotik hap lite

Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:39 pm

I cannot understand what your setup is and what your needs are?

johananderssen
just joined
Topic Author

Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:28 pm

Well i want to setup my Mikrotik and set a static ip adddress and send out through the rest of the ports dhcp ...

Krusty
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:30 pm

Well i want to setup my Mikrotik and set a static ip adddress and send out through the rest of the ports dhcp ...
so basically you want to have DHCP pool for example for 100 adresses and the rest have out of this pool so you can assign them manualy ?

johananderssen
just joined
Topic Author

Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:11 pm

Yup, i would like to connect the mikrotik as a router before the unify ap wifi Is there a specific need?

Krusty
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:14 pm

Yup, i would like to connect the mikrotik as a router before the unify ap wifi Is there a specific need?
no, check your DHCP pool and if you need some static address just use some from outside this pool

johananderssen
just joined
Topic Author

Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:49 pm

what exactly is needed to be configured by my side?

Prasanta
just joined

Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:07 pm

First upon Configure your Mikrotik Router WAN let say X.X.X.X and LAN 192.168.1.1/24 DHCP pool 192.168.1.2-192.168.1.254, Assign Local pool to Bridge or specific port were UNIFI ap is connected
and you can make other remaining port as slave That on your hands, OK NOw Connect the Unifi ap to the Port , Make the Unifi Ap be Adopt it first, when is connected status , you can assign the ip that adopt by unifi ap static , In unifi controller . Know u can run your wifi to whole building