Community discussions

space536
just joined
Topic Author

RB3011UiAS - 6.40.4 (stable)

Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:39 pm

Hi,
I implemented this Mikrotik RB3011, as a gateway with basic outgoing source nat and configured pppoe client to our local ISP. The connection is successful however we are experiencing high latency connection to the Internet, pings to 8.8.8.8 hit around 1000ms or more and randomly time out
I have verified the internet connection is stable and adequate with low latency directly to the Modem
I have tested and checked MTU settings and presently lowered the physical interface mtu to 1452, however this has not proven successful.
Is there something else I could look into
ETH1 --> WAN Interface (coming from ADSL Modem)
ETH2 --> Bridge (Master Port) - Going to Switch

Kindly advise if you have had experience with this type of issue
Thanks,
Shawn

matiaszon

Re: RB3011UiAS - 6.40.4 (stable)

Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:23 pm

I had similar problem when replaced APs with CAPs. Suddenly everything stopped working properly. It took me 2 days to figure out that there was 1 device that was causing problems. What APs were not bridged (Ubiquiti) only 1 ethernet port on RB3011 was causing problems, but nobody eben noticed for 1 year. But when I bridged ports for CAPs, then suddenly all WiFi network and all ethernet ports were going crazy. I found a device, plugged it off from RB3011 and everything went back to normal. Maybe you did something "in the meantime" too? If it was working properly before and you only changed firmware for newer, maybe there is just something wrong with it.