Community discussions

MikroTik App

jnolan
just joined
Topic Author

LTE Interface Drops Consistently

Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:57 pm

Hello All!
Fairly new to using Microtik's for uses outside of just a firewall. We are attempting to pair a microtik and Novatel750 USB modem for internet access at a few locations. I'm able to configure the microtik and add the Modem however the interface appears to consistently drop. I plug it in to a Hex POE, add the NAT masquerade rule, Add the DHCP client and boom it's connected. After about three pings the interface drops off, it does eventually reconnect for a minute then repeats the process.

Running Router OS RC 6.41.

Apologies if this is the wrong area for this question and thanks in advance for any help that can be offered. Thanks!

Anumrak
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: LTE Interface Drops Consistently

Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:06 am

I have the Tik router and Huawei LTE modem. All is fine. Try to work with another modem.

jnolan
just joined
Topic Author

Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:07 pm

Thanks for the feedback. We only have the one at this point, it was ordered with a full data plan and activated from Verizon so I'd like to try and make it work. There's no issue with it when it's plugged into a laptop and this model is listed on the 'Supported Peripherals' page at the microtik wiki...it may be the modem but it's not looking like it at this point.

Has anyone run into this before or have any suggestions of what it could be?

Thanks!

matiaszon

Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:15 pm

Are you logging it? What does the log say?

jnolan
just joined
Topic Author

Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:23 pm

That's a good question. I'll look up how to log it now and report back with what I find.

jnolan
just joined
Topic Author

Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:31 pm

It looks like it is connecting, getting an IP from DHCP, transferring data then it will say 'Unknown Modem' drop everything and start again.

Sorry I didn't take the time to export the log to txt so I'm just attaching a screenshot.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

matiaszon

Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:11 pm

Try to install stable version of ROS. The latest one is 6.40.4.
And you can post
/export hide-sensitive

jnolan
just joined
Topic Author

Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:33 am

Thanks for the tip! I'll load the 6.40.4 first thing in the morning....I may be out of luck if that's the current answer though as it won't show/load the 730 novatel modem until the most recent RC is loaded. I'll try it out and update in the morning. Thanks again!

jnolan
just joined
Topic Author

Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:32 pm

No luck with the stable version....only the RC will pull up the interface.

Is anyone else having a similar issue with the interface connecting, obtaining an address, then dropping?

jrpaz
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:15 pm

Novatel 750 or 730 because I had the same issue with the 730 and ended up returning it.