As a guy who is always aiming the future of internet, I think Mikrotik team should give some more focus on improving IPv6 funcionality in RouterOS, because IPv6 is right here, right now, it is working, and it is already the new Internet Standard; so, I've opened this topic for suggestions, and debate about how RouterOS' IPv6 can become better. Here is what I miss when using IPv6 on RouterOS implementation:
- VRF (i.e., also mark-routing and routing-mark) support for IPv6 (I've seen a long long time ago (about 7 years or more) an old topic with someone answering that Mikrotik team can't have VRF implementations because of Linux Kernel not properly supporting it on IPv6);
- Radius integration with DHCPv6-PD delegated prefix, and IPv6 Firewall Address-list manipulation in Radius, it is useful in many ways (this is actually what freezes me on implementing IPv6, the inability to properly work this functions with Radius server);
- Customizable lease-time for dynamic DHCPv6 servers, created by pool, for example (the actual 'default' is 3d 00:00:00);
- /127 implementation (as I said before, harmful or not, it will continue to be optional, but having it, makes Mikrotik compatible with more network scenarios, and equipment);
- IPv6 VPN services support (I don't know what exactly work or not with IPv6 addresses, but, I remember trying to configure SSTP with IPv6 address, and failing).
Any suggestions, clarification, agreement or disagreement are welcome, even better if it comes from Mikrotik team.