Community discussions

MikroTik App

matthijsvdw
just joined
Topic Author

WAN IP's in DHCP

Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:12 pm

Hi Mikrotik Fans,

I've multiple customers in one building. We have one fiber line available for all customers.
Our ISP can give me multiple IP's on one line.
So my idea is to connect the fiber line to a mikrotik and share multiple WAN IP's to the customers.

Lets say this fiber line has a speed of 500/500 i want to share the speed with the Que function in mikrotik to example 5 times 100/100

Now is my question how do a give each customer their own WAN ip from the mikrotik
I now there is One to one nat but i dont want to use that is this situation.
I thought about putting the wan ip addresses in a dhcp pool and distributing them that way, but that does not seem to work.
I have already provided the wan addresses in the Wan interface in the mikoritk

Is there anybody who has any idea to set this up?

Thank you in advance,

Matthijs

huntah
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: WAN IP's in DHCP

Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:13 am

I suspect you have a DHCP assigned IP address and then the the ISP is Routing a block of IPs to your DHCP assigned IP.

You can make a local PPPoE Server and distribute the adresses or simply make a Pool With Public IPs and a DHCP Server on the internal bridge(or interface) on which your clients connect.
Put one static IP on the local Bridge/interface. Configure DHCP Server so that the GW is the assigned address on the local bridge(interface.

You don't need any NAT-ing. Your customers will connect their own routers which will do nat-ing and protect their internal network.

Speed limit is easier acchived with PPPoE. Else you have to use Queues