Community discussions

MikroTik App

ccl13
just joined
Topic Author

Cannot access router after upgrading to v6.41

Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:25 pm

Hi All,

I upgraded my RB750Gr3 to v6.41 today. I see there's major change in port configuration, so I did backup. However after upgrade, I see everything works fine except all managerial access. Winbox, SSH, Telnet, all seems to be no longer binding to any port.

My questions is, 1) is there any method available to me to regain access? And 2) suppose I need to factory reset, is it possible for me to restore my backup and fix the issue?

Thank you and happy holidays!

CZFan
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Cannot access router after upgrading to v6.41

Tue Dec 26, 2017 5:17 pm

See thread viewtopic.php?f=21&t=128915

Maybe also post your problem / question in there
MTCNA, MTCTCE, MTCRE & MTCINE

w32pamela
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:07 pm

I've upgraded some RB951ui's and Grooves and found that after the upgrade I am unable to connect to the device with Winbox using the MAC address. After doing a factory reset Winbox works normally.

I don't know if your current configuration backup will install without problems or not. Even when I upgrade a device already reset to factory settings I find extra items in the interface list. These disappear after a reset to v6.41 factory settings.

dtlb
just joined

Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:27 pm

I have RB2011
i upgrade to 6.4 and after i have problem with bridge cause all the clients connected to bridge2 appears connected to ether5 or ethe6 and .. (from ip neighbor) .
So i down grade from -system - packages- down grade and it work without losing any configuration.

ccl13
just joined
Topic Author

Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:41 pm

Hi All,

Thanks for your interest! Somehow, another reboot fixed this issue. I don't understand why, but it fixed.

Due to my environment reboot was not an easy option for me so I tried a lot of other things, but none worked. I did a port scan on every interface and found that none port exposed. However after reboot all is working just like before.

sindy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:53 pm

As "cannot access router" may happen also for other reasons than software upgrade, I'll answer your sub-question: yes, if you backup your configuration into a file and later on you restore the default configuration during power-on, the backup file is not deleted so you can use it to restore the previous confifuration.
Instead of writing novels, post /export hide-sensitive. Use find&replace in your favourite text editor to systematically replace all occurrences of each public IP address potentially identifying you by a distinctive pattern such as my.public.ip.1.