Community discussions

MikroTik App

Borage
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Access Point linked to MikroTik Router

Sun Oct 31, 2004 8:01 pm

The problem i have is that I cannot reach the wired connection from the wireless connection and vice versa. :(

The MikroTik Router have a very simple configuration ie. bridging between ether1 and wlan1 and one IP address assigned to bridge1.

Workstation<-->Switch-->Mikrotik Router<-->Wireless Link<-->Access Point

I cannot reach the access point from the workstation and vice versa.

I can see the arp list over every wireless connections associated in the access point from my wired workstation, but I cannot even ping them. :shock:

I can also ping every wireless clients from the MikroTik router.

I can probably solve the problem by the following solution, but my intention was to only use one MikroTik router. :twisted:

Workstation<-->Switch-->Mikrotik Router<-->Wireless Link<-->MikroTik Router<-->Access Point

Any hints why clients associated with the access point cannot be bridged through MikroTiks wireless interface would be appreciated. :D

mip
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Tue Nov 02, 2004 8:32 am

wireless client can not be bridged. A hundred times told thing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7q0Y_JZMrg - the country you must visit

Borage
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Wed Nov 03, 2004 2:03 pm

I couldn't find that info and I searched a lot. Anyway, dhcp requests can obviously be bridged. Every clients associated with the access point get an IP address from the dhcp server connected to the switch.

DHCP Server<-->Switch-->Mikrotik Router<-->Wireless Link<-->Access Point

Hellbound
Long time Member
Long time Member

Wed Nov 03, 2004 11:35 pm

who said it cannot be bridged?
I am using WDS and it is bridging, are you using wds? your AP also must support WDS if your mikrotik is not in STATION mode.