MikroTik App

savagedavid
Trainer
Trainer
Topic Author

Hotspot Walled Garden and Credit Card authorization

Mon Jan 01, 2007 11:31 pm

Hi

I am running a hotspot that uses 2checkout.com for credit card authorization. It has been working quite well with 2checkout.com in the walled garden, but recently many banks have added an extra layer of security where the subscriber has to authorize on his banks' site as well. This creates a problem as the subscribers bank is not in the walled garden, and as a result the transaction fails (and I lose money!)

Has anyone else encountered this problem and even better, found a solution?

Hellbound
Long time Member
Long time Member

Tue Jan 02, 2007 8:46 pm

i have not same problem, but maybe you can allow user for 10 minutes to have full access to internet and then block mac address. only those user who add credit card number.

savagedavid
Trainer
Trainer
Topic Author

Tue Jan 02, 2007 8:56 pm

I have thought about that - in fact if I could get a way to intergrate the trial system into the credit card verification it would solve the problem quite nicely.

kipmckay

Mon Jan 08, 2007 12:27 am

I am currently trying to impliment something like this in my own setup. Would one of you mind giving me some help doing this? Getting the hotspot page to link to a cc and allowing user to use service after cc is recieved.

Kip

savagedavid
Trainer
Trainer
Topic Author

Mon Jan 08, 2007 12:35 am

It was quite an effort, we used User Manager to generate several hundred random vouchers of various types (1 day, 1 week, 1 month etc.) Then we loaded this data into a database and assigned them out via the website Credit Card authorisation system. This system in completely independant of the Mikrotik Hotpsot system.

What you might want to look out for is the direct intergration of billing systems into User Manager coming in the near future.