Community discussions

MikroTik App

Jefropi
just joined
Topic Author

ccr1072 memory leak

Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:11 am

Hello all I have a CCR 1036 that apparently has a memory leak I use this box for a bandwidth manager using pcq's and queue trees as the queing method. The router started to reboot during heavy traffic times throwing an error stating kernel failure out of memory detected. I replaced the device with a new CCR 1072 with the same configuration. The issue persisted now with a beefier router it has exacerbated the issue now rebooting about every 30 minutes. When I check the memory stats under tools graphing I see the memory Maxis out then the router reboots. I have tried updating to the newest release candidate with no luck. Any help would be appreciated I have about 3,000 clients affected. Thank you

samsung172
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: ccr1072 memory leak

Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:24 pm

Try another Ros version. Do you use TCP in b-test? - If speed on interface is good enough - router will go to 100% CPU. You dont say anything about traffic from the 3000 customer. Do you have it troug firewall (connection trackning) - Then it will use a lot of CPU/memory. I cant se a standard bug in btest for 1036 or 1072 working perfect here.

Jefropi
just joined
Topic Author

Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:39 pm

Yes I've tried just about every ros there is for that router with no luck. Yes connection tracking is enabled. I have also tested by turning connection tracking off With same result. I have also tried turning off all queues as well. It slowed when I disabled snmp. Also the weirdest thing is by disabling the lcd screen is slowed even more. I'm at a loss here. Thank you for your help.

alex1
just joined

Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:01 pm

Folks,

Is there any way to see memory allocation per process? For example, we can see CPU cycles per processes using "/tool profile cpu=total". Does MikroTik have the same for memory usage?