Community discussions

MikroTik App

Nightdemon
just joined
Topic Author

monitoring interface lte-modem

Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:24 am

Hi, everybody!
I ask for help in settings of monitoring of the interface of the lte-modem on a microtic 951ui 2HnD, in a case when it imperceptibly falls off, the notification message in telegrams or came to other monitorings. I found articles in the Internet on this occasion, but there monitoring is set up when by lte-m
ody is the active, through it there is traffic, and by means of the utility of netwatch there is an annunciator to Telegram or on mail. But in my case the lte-modem is reserve, and the main on a wire. There were cases that the main channel laid down and the script switched to a reserve, and the reserve as a result too was not the active. There was a need somehow to monitor a status of an alternative channel, but I had difficulties that it in a reserve also is not active until the main channel will not fall yet, a ping not to check it any more it turns out... There was an idea to set up one more l2tp the tunnel and through it to start up something on means of pbr. But there was a wish to simplify the task somehow. Your councils are necessary. Thanks in advance!

Shadeofspirit
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: monitoring interface lte-modem  [SOLVED]

Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:03 pm

Hi, everybody!
I ask for help in settings of monitoring of the interface of the lte-modem on a microtic 951ui 2HnD, in a case when it imperceptibly falls off, the notification message in telegrams or came to other monitorings. I found articles in the Internet on this occasion, but there monitoring is set up when by lte-m
ody is the active, through it there is traffic, and by means of the utility of netwatch there is an annunciator to Telegram or on mail. But in my case the lte-modem is reserve, and the main on a wire. There were cases that the main channel laid down and the script switched to a reserve, and the reserve as a result too was not the active. There was a need somehow to monitor a status of an alternative channel, but I had difficulties that it in a reserve also is not active until the main channel will not fall yet, a ping not to check it any more it turns out... There was an idea to set up one more l2tp the tunnel and through it to start up something on means of pbr. But there was a wish to simplify the task somehow. Your councils are necessary. Thanks in advance!
as a variant you can make a route to any service through lte interface and set netwatch to monitor this service.

Nightdemon
just joined
Topic Author

Re: monitoring interface lte-modem

Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:29 pm

Hi, everybody!
as a variant you can make a route to any service through lte interface and set netwatch to monitor this service.
Thank you! It works!