Community discussions

MikroTik App

cmgver
just joined
Topic Author

Load balancing with extremely bad wan connections

Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:27 am

Hi guys,

I need your help. I've been trying many different configurations and scripts I found on Internet, but nothing worked so far :(

I'm using an xfinity connection account from a friend because now I cannot pay my own for several reasons. The problem is that my neighbours' xfinity routers have interference in different intervals of the day, so, I need to switch to another neighbour. What I did was to buy three ubiquity nanostations and I connected one of them to a different neighbour. I also bought a Mikrotik hEX, so, I'm nating with each ubiquity and each one of them is my WAN, I have three WANs.

I configured my Mikrotik with the load balancing and fail over script I found and everything works perfect, but at many hours during the day, the connection from the ubiquity fails due to interference and I loose my video chat, my game parties, netflix and so on.

I need your help to configure a real fail over setup so no matter happens within the routes, the connection continue stable. I can even pay a DigitalOcean droplet so I can create some kind of tunnel and use the Ubiquity+Xfinity routes just as a channel to get to the droplet.

Please, help :)

Carlos.