Community discussions

MikroTik App

icko81
Topic Author

Problem FAILOVER LINK SXT and 2 vpn routers with ROS

Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:28 am

Hi I have succesfully managed to make failover and local net and internet connection between 2 routers and 2 sxt units in bridge mode,

When 1 ros router Internet faildown it routes to secondary using SXT bridge connection and Vice Versa but there is another issue in the network,

CLOUD service my.netname.net fails down on router that has original Internet connection failed link down ,even though it aquires public address from the failover link so i can access that ip only using original router which supply fail Internet ip address,

How do i have to setup the router so it can be dynamic access using every acquired public ip address it gets from fail over router without any trouble getting using dns cloud from Mikrotik

Or i have to use only 1 ros with the router cloud service or i have to make 2 vpn separate my.netname and then connect on that one which is active and not the fail router

or use some netwatch script or scheduler action or mangle rule on the firewall

My mission is to use both vpn network servers without getting stuck with the Cloud service

Thanks for help,

icko81
Topic Author

Re: Problem FAILOVER LINK SXT and 2 vpn routers with ROS

Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:52 am

I managed to solved it by making masquerade from both side of the links and 2 separate mynethostname.net for each router VPNS links l2tp and if one fails it automaticly connect to other to get to mine internal network,

You must have 2 VPN profile for each ROS and correct routing tables and then you will have redundancy in the routing and reach the internal network,

I hope this helps,

Regards