Community discussions

MUM Europe 2020

terintamel
Topic Author

Skin Designer - Cannot disable settings on CPE QuickSet Page

Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:47 pm

I run an WISP and we provide hAP Lite routers to the customers. Now we manage the routers remotely, but do give the customer a limited user account to make some simple changes like SSID and wireless password along with creating their own port forwarding rules.

I do this by using the Skin Designer and removing, hiding, or disabling a majority of the items. However one issue I have is I cannot remove, hide, or disable the following items from the Quick Set CPE page

Band
Channel Width
Country

The customer can go to that page and if they change those settings it will break the customers wifi and will even sometimes screw up the config so bad the only fix is a factory reset.

terintamel
Topic Author

Re: Skin Designer - Cannot disable settings on CPE QuickSet Page

Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:00 pm

Here is an example

Skin Designer - I cannot hide those items or set to read only
DesignSkin.PNG
Here is then what the customer see when logging in an using my custom skin
Website.PNG
If they for example change channel width to 5mhz the configuration then gets so screwed up that the only fix is to use the factory reset button.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

terintamel
Topic Author

Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:07 pm

In fact it is so bad that you do not even have to Hit OK to mess it up. Just clicking in the drop down box has the potential to change the wifi settings and actually selecting a different channel width will "break" the router.

This is extremely dangerous as I have no way to prevent a curious customer from doing this outside of removing all customer access to the router.

GiGaBob
just joined

Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:11 pm

I have a similar problem. We would like to maintain exclusive control over the WAN settings, but allow the customer to configure most of everything else. Allowing them to be able to move between templates typically results in us having to walk the user through a factory default. :(