Community discussions

MikroTik App

knut
just joined
Topic Author

RB450G: Unable to reset to factory configuration

Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:04 pm

Today I upgraded my RB450G to latest version, inclusive latest FW. no problem. Afterwards I tried to reset everything to factory config (system->Reset configuration). After reboot and connecting again with WinBox, the router displays information that the configuration is reset to 192.168.1.88 etc, and shows the script used. However, when looking in the relevant configuration panes, there is nothing configured at all: no Filter rules or NAT, no DHCP, no DNS, no switch config, no renaming of interfaces, no addresses, NOTHING. In Terminal: "system default-configuration print" displays the correct script.
I then tried to copy the displayed script into the script editor (system/scripts add) and run the script. No errors, run count shows that it executed, but the configuration is still NOTHING.
I also tried to downgrade to v6.40.5 and repeat the whole process. Still NO configuration.
Suggestions anyone?

regards
Knut

jarda
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: RB450G: Unable to reset to factory configuration

Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:07 pm

Remove the configuration and set your own parameters. Or make netinstall and try defaults again.

krafg
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:45 pm

knut
just joined
Topic Author

Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:34 am

Thank you both for your answers,

I forgot to mention that I did try hard reset, it didn't help either.

I have also manually configured the router with the factory settings, but that doesn't really solve the problem. I want to have a quick and easy way of resetting to defaults when experimenting with different configurations without having to waste a lot of time manually configuring the defaults (and probably also make mistakes doing so).

I have a suspicion that there may be (minor) errors in the script making it silently fail.
And why would netinstall new OS be different from upgrade from file?

regards
Knut