Community discussions

MikroTik App

timothykarpente
just joined
Topic Author

Managing multiple wifi network

Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:48 am

Sorry for my noob question as I am not a technical guy and router setting page looks alien to me.

I have a small office with 16 employee and i want only 2 person to access one network. So it it possible to create multiple network so that i can create 8 different network and each team of 2 person will be on their own network. And can I access bandwidth usage of each network individually. This will also help me to create separate WiFi network for mobile to keep a check on its usage and password privacy by keeping separate password for each network.

sindy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Managing multiple wifi network

Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:28 pm

You can even assign an individual password to every single client device and connect different devices to different networks while all of them connect to the same SSID. Or you can have several SSIDs, whatever you may consider best. Just bear in mind that all the clients will still share the same wireless bandwidth regardless the number of SSIDs, as each device can only operate at single channel in each band supported (2.4 and/or 5 GHz)

The flexibility of the device is the reason why the configuration interface is so complex.
Instead of writing novels, post /export hide-sensitive. Use find&replace in your favourite text editor to systematically replace all occurrences of each public IP address potentially identifying you by a distinctive pattern such as my.public.ip.1.