Community discussions

bigcw
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Routerboard firmware WTF?

Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:44 pm

Hi everyone

Really not sure WTF is going on with my Routerboard firmware. In a nutshell, I have two CRS317s in server and a third in the lab.

The two in service claim they have v 3.40 running and can upgrade to 3.43. I can't actually do the upgrade at present as I will have to schedule an outage with my customers. That fits with the changelog listed at https://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/RouterBOOT_changelog.

The one in the lab says it is running 6.41.3. Surely that's wrong... 3 major versions higher? Incidentally though I am on ROS 6.41.3.

What is going on Mikrotik? Is this something broken in the firmware screen or is there really a 6.41.3 version of the firmware?

Screenshots below.

Also interesting (but unrelated) that the changelog mentions QSFP28 ie 100G ethernet. Is Mikrotik planning to release a 100G product in the near future?

Chris
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ecom International Network - Operators of AS61337 with POPs in Europe and North America - www.ecomltd.co.uk
Colocker Data Centre - The data centre with a difference! - www.colocker.com

Paternot
Long time Member
Long time Member

Re: Routerboard firmware WTF?

Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:00 pm

Mikrotik has changed the firmware's numbering: now it follows the ROS version - even if there is no change.

strods
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:06 pm

We strongly recommend to read all the changelogs for RouterOS versions between the one which you use at the moment and the one which you want to install.

Sometimes changelog shows that some feature is removed or will work differently or even you might need to make configuration changes after an upgrade. If you do not read changelog, then there is nothing we can do in order to help you.

v6.41 RouterOS changelog includes:

!) routerboot - RouterBOOT version numbering system merged with RouterOS;

bigcw
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:12 am

Thanks. However do you not think it would have been logical to note this in the RouterBOOT changelog given that this was the component that had changed?
Ecom International Network - Operators of AS61337 with POPs in Europe and North America - www.ecomltd.co.uk

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:24 am

Thanks. However do you not think it would have been logical to note this in the RouterBOOT changelog given that this was the component that had changed?
There really isn't one
No answer to your question? How to write posts

bigcw
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:27 pm

Apart from the one I linked in my original post you mean? The one with the page name 'RouterBOOT Changelog'....?

https://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/RouterBOOT_changelog