Community discussions

macsrwe
Long time Member
Long time Member
Topic Author

Netinstall: recent versions fail

Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:11 pm

I'm having a problem with netinstall in the past couple weeks, coinciding with upgrading to more recent releases (I am currently running netinstall 6.42rc49, and still see it).

The syndrome is this: the router shows up in the window as "Ready," I select it, choose the software, and click Install. Netinstall briefly flashes "Sending offer" and "Installing," both so fast you can just barely read them, then the word "Ready" disappears from the router line and it grays out. It comes back to "Ready" approximately five seconds later, at which time you can repeat the same procedure and obtain the same results. Quitting and relaunching netinstall doesn't fix it.

Is anybody else seeing this? Does anybody know how to cure it?

atlanticd

Re: Netinstall: recent versions fail

Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:25 pm

Hi,

I experienced the same under Windows 10. Renaming the executable to mikrotik.exe solved the issue for me.

macsrwe
Long time Member
Long time Member
Topic Author

Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:02 pm

Hah! This is not the first time I've run into netinstall problems that were fixed by renaming the exe. And yes, I did go back to using the original name at about the same time this problem occurred. I'll try renaming the exe before the next time I use it. Thanks!

macsrwe
Long time Member
Long time Member
Topic Author

Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:28 am

Nope, renaming it doesn't solve this. What does seem to solve it when it occurs is to restart Windows. Less than deluxe, and not a permanent solution.