Community discussions

MikroTik App

xaviernuma
Topic Author

Stability problem of the SSTP/OPENVPN

Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:49 pm

Hi,

I activated the SSTP and the OpenVPN, they work properly.

But after a while (<1 hour), the client can not connect to either the SSTP or the OpenVPN.

In the Winbox interface, I simply disable and activate the SSTP and OpenVPN, and it works again right away.

So to overcome this problem I made a script to disable and reactivate the SSTP and OpenVPN every 30 minutes, but it's not very good ...

Do you know why SSTP and OpenVPN servers are unstable on RouterBOARD 750G r3 ?

Best regards.

xaviernuma
Topic Author

Re: Stability problem of the SSTP/OPENVPN

Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:24 pm

UP :)

sindy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:04 pm

Never heard about such behaviour, what is the software version?

Cha0s
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:16 pm

I've been using SSTP, OVPN and every other vpn/tunnel that MikroTik supports for well over 10 years. I've never had any issues like the one you describe.

First upgrade to the latest version (if not already) and if the problem persists create a supout and send it to support@mikrotik.com

argusb
just joined

Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:33 pm

I see the exact same problem with the ovpn and sstp servers on a HEX v3 router (RouterBOARD 750G r3).
This might have something to do with this specific model.

I upgraded the routerboard firmware to 6.42.3 today in the hope of fixing this issue. (routerOS was already on 6.42.3, there do not seem to be any vpn fixes in 6.42.4).

Skream
just joined

Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:11 pm

Hello,

I have a same problem that the autor of topic.
If someone has found a solution.

Thanks.

sindy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:15 pm

And you provide even less information than the author of the topic. Model, software version...

So if it is also bound to hEX v3 in your case, has any of you three sent an e-mail to support@mikrotik.com with a supout.rif created while the issue exists (the VPN connection is already down and you haven't restarted the ovpn/sstp server yer) as @Cha0s has suggested?

argusb
just joined

Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:59 am

And you provide even less information than the author of the topic. Model, software version...

So if it is also bound to hEX v3 in your case, has any of you three sent an e-mail to support@mikrotik.com with a supout.rif created while the issue exists (the VPN connection is already down and you haven't restarted the ovpn/sstp server yer) as @Cha0s has suggested?
I haven't seen this problem since I updated the routerboard firmware to the same version as the running RouterOS version. It was still on the factory firmware (3.41) before that.
Might be worth a try for TS. Can't reproduce the problem anymore so can't send a supout ;)

xaviernuma
Topic Author

Re: Stability problem of the SSTP/OPENVPN  [SOLVED]

Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:55 am

Hello everyone,

After doing several searches, it turns out that the problem came from the fact that the certificate (server-certificate) was not trusted, I ticked the box Trusted in System -> Certificate -> server-certificate, and since we have no connection problem.

Thanks for your help.

Best regards.