MikroTik App

shvanary
just joined
Topic Author

Online game issue

Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:35 am

Dears

Please help me with this complex issue of Mikrotik

I am working in an ISP which is providing internet through PPPoE connection to Clients.
The annoying issue is some of users/clients are complaining about having a problem with Online gaming with PlayStation networks also I have a number of clients they are complaining about having issue with online set-top box and video streaming they are using some special SAT boxes which are designed to provide scrambled channels with some dongle.

PS.I am using CCR1072, CCR1036 12G4S, and CCR1036 8G2S
my configuration is very simple
I am using a /24 public IP range which is NATed to a /16 private IP range with source nat.
Any kind of information is appreciated.

Anumrak
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Online game issue

Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:56 am

Issue of your clients in NAT technology. All these applications need opened ports right in themselves. They don't care on your provider's NAT. They think they have global IP in order outside servers can interact with them. You have to do static NAT 1:1 to these users, or give them public routable IP.

shvanary
just joined
Topic Author

Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:11 am

Thanks for your reply Anumrak this solution is good but I am looking for a better one because I have 8000 subscribers devided by 4 CCRs so at least I have to make 1500-2000~ static NATs Please if someone have better Idea let me know because my call center about to burn up

Anumrak
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:24 am

Better solution is to sell static IP's forwarded to requested users by phone call from them or from your web site script. Biggest providers living just like that.

nichky
Long time Member
Long time Member

Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:57 pm

use like this

ip firewall nat add chain=dstnat dst-address=11.11.11.0/24 action=netmap to-addresses=2.2.2.0/24
RouterOS does not have a random function. Many has tried to make script to make random text, but all seems to be flawed.
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=160183

!) Safe Mode is your friend;

shvanary
just joined
Topic Author

Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:04 pm

use like this

ip firewall nat add chain=dstnat dst-address=11.11.11.0/24 action=netmap to-addresses=2.2.2.0/24
Thanks for your reply nichky can you please give me some more details what you mean by 11.11.11.0/24 and 2.2.2.0/24

kashifzai86
just joined

Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:08 pm

Dear Shavnary

Better & Long Lasting solution is to provide Real Ip / Public IP to those users whom are getting issue..

Use "Proxy-Arp" on your WAN Interface.. then release static Real IP to your these users.

Smile
Kashif Khan

Anumrak
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Online game issue  [SOLVED]

Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:49 pm

Dear Shavnary

Better & Long Lasting solution is to provide Real Ip / Public IP to those users whom are getting issue..

Use "Proxy-Arp" on your WAN Interface.. then release static Real IP to your these users.

Smile
Kashif Khan
ARP table will be filled with entries for subscribers as long as they exist. Do you really want to suggest that solution? Perhaps, NAT records will cost less for router.

shvanary
just joined
Topic Author

Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:59 pm

Dear Shavnary

Smile
Kashif Khan
ARP table will be filled with entries for subscribers as long as they exist. Do you really want to suggest that solution? Perhaps, NAT records will cost less for router.
Tested it is working but at the end It is static I need something dynamic because I don’t want to ask my Subscribers who gonna use online game and video streaming before I was using Cisco asr 1000 never had this issue

Anumrak
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:52 pm

Dear Shavnary

Smile
Kashif Khan
Tested it is working but at the end It is static I need something dynamic because I don’t want to ask my Subscribers who gonna use online game and video streaming before I was using Cisco asr 1000 never had this issue
Unfortunately, there is no way to reserve specific TCP/UDP ports for each user, because of dynamic mapping between public and dynamic IP addresses in NAPT form. You can create some scripts, which will do 1:1 NAT record for specific IP or smth like that. ROS can do a lot of stuff with integrated scripting.

shvanary
just joined
Topic Author

Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:14 am

Dear Shavnary

Smile
Kashif Khan
Unfortunately, there is no way to reserve specific TCP/UDP ports for each user, because of dynamic mapping between public and dynamic IP addresses in NAPT form. You can create some scripts, which will do 1:1 NAT record for specific IP or smth like that. ROS can do a lot of stuff with integrated scripting.
Can you please give me an example scrept I new with ROS I don’t know how to do scripting I am using MikroTik for pppoe and providing internet using adsl 2+ with zhone dslams the only static thing I have is landline numbers in the CCR as you know my/16 private addresses are dynamic it randomly change’s for subscribers because they use username and password for authentication I am using their landline number as a user name I want to have a script to find the username which is landline number and find it’s private ip address and nat it for one public ip which is not in use currently :D I know my question is too difficult if anyone have any simpler ideas which can solve my above issue I will be very thankful

Best regards

Anumrak
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:48 am

I have no need for schemes like yours, so there are no scripts themselves. Try searching for the answer here: viewforum.php?f=9

MicheaHeitz
just joined

Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:41 pm

[/quote]

Agreed...