MikroTik App

raymonvdm
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Multiple Public ip`s on MT WAN

Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:11 pm

Hi,

Ive contacted my Provider TweakDSL who is using BBNED (Netherlands) they can give me multiple ip adresses (maximum of 4) but how do i connect this to my MT ?

The modem is configured in bridge mode, so i need to give up 4 mac adresses to get the 4 ip adresses. But my WAN interface only has one MAC adres.

How can i add additional mac adresses ?

raymonvdm
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:52 pm

I found out that when i add the WAN interface into a bridge an wil give th bridge a virtual mac adres i can obtain a extra ip adres. But how do i add the other 2 ip adresses. Because an interface can only belong to one bridge ?

raymonvdm
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:18 pm

Me Again.

I have replaced my MT box with another box. So that i could add another NIC (Extra PCI Interface). So i added a Dlink DFE570 (4x 10/100) to my MT Box.

Now i connected my DSL modem to an extra switch and from this switch i connected 4 cables to my 4 port nic. And voila 4 ip adresses from provider. And 4 mac adresses that i can use to obtain static ip from my provider

But can i place this interfaces in a bridge, without forwarding packets between them. I would like to use the bridge interface as my interface in the firewall rules. So i dont need 4 rules if i want to forward port 80 to the same internal ip.

Is this good or bad thinking ?