Community discussions

MikroTik App

Swordforthelord
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Mode Button

Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:25 pm

I love the idea of the mode button like on the new hap AC2. Should the issues with that particular router be resolved, I plan to purchase one and attach a script to the button that will enable/disable my guest wifi.

I would also love to see the mode button functionality expanded. For example, a different script could be executed when the mode button is double-clicked, triple-clicked, or long-pressed (for example, for a long-press I would attach a script to gracefully shut down the routerboard). Maybe the WPS button could also be reprogrammed to act as a second independent mode button?

manuzoli
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: Mode Button

Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:59 pm

Or let it beep supermario. Thats worth it

Swordforthelord
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:23 pm

Or let it beep supermario. Thats worth it
Definitely. My wifi script actually plays two low beeps and then a high beep to indicate it's turning the guest wifi on and two highs and a low to indicate it's turning the guest wifi off.

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=40507#p652964

sindy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:51 pm

I love the idea of the mode button like on the new hap AC2. Should the issues with that particular router be resolved, I plan to purchase one and attach a script to the button that will enable/disable my guest wifi.
My wifi script actually plays two low beeps and then a high beep to indicate it's turning the guest wifi on and two highs and a low to indicate it's turning the guest wifi off.
I hate to ruin your plans but I've already purchased a hAP ac² (for its hardware encryption so the fact that the WiFi still requires some tuning is not critical for me) and guess what... it's got the mode button but doesn't have the buzzer.

You can implement specific handling on double-click or triple-click yourself, but distinction between long and short press would have to be implemented by gents in Riga.

Swordforthelord
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:56 pm

My wifi script actually plays two low beeps and then a high beep to indicate it's turning the guest wifi on and two highs and a low to indicate it's turning the guest wifi off.
I hate to ruin your plans but I've already purchased a hAP ac² (for its hardware encryption so the fact that the WiFi still requires some tuning is not critical for me) and guess what... it's got the mode button but doesn't have the buzzer.

You can implement specific handling on double-click or triple-click yourself, but distinction between long and short press would have to be implemented by gents in Riga.
Un-fricking-believable. Thanks for letting me know, I would've been twice as upset to find out after I bought it.

sindy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:01 pm

Un-fricking-believable. Thanks for letting me know, I would've been twice as upset to find out after I bought it.
My favourite distributor's MikroTik competence test contains a question regarding the sound patterns the RBs produce in different situations. How the ... am I supposed to know given that all the models I've come across so far are silent :-D

I should get two more hAP ac² later this week, so if eventually the single one I have is faulty, I'll let you know here.

Swordforthelord
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:05 pm

My favourite distributor's MikroTik competence test contains a question regarding the sound patterns the RBs produce in different situations. How the ... am I supposed to know given that all the models I've come across so far are silent :-D

I should get two more hAP ac² later this week, so if eventually the single one I have is faulty, I'll let you know here.
I appreciate it.
"Let's create a great new product...and then remove one of the least expensive but very useful features...yay..."

Swordforthelord
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:23 am

Since the HAP AC2 doesn't have a beeper (I found pictures of the internals online; definitely no beeper) I found a compromise for my guest wifi enable/disable script for the mode button: instead of beeping I'll have the user-led on or off when the guest wifi is on or off. Not my preference but it's good to have options. Now hopefully they can get that board working right so I can place my order.