Community discussions

MikroTik App

RMaxwell72
just joined
Topic Author

CCR Upgrade to 6.41.4 & Reboot Loop

Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:50 pm

Hello,

Last night I went to upgrade a CCR1036-12G-4S from 6.33.2 to 6.41.4. I used Winbox for the upgrade, had the device download and install the upgrade, and when it went to reboot to perform the upgrade, the device went into a reboot loop. After powering the device off for several minutes and then powering it back up, it was able to boot up into 6.41.4. I checked the installation from Winbox and it reported the installation was ok. I then went to upgrade the routerboard firmware, through Winbox, which was upgrading from 6.33.2 to 6.41.4. It reported no errors in the logs and when I went to perform the reboot, the device once again went into a reboot loop. After powering it off for several minutes and then powering it back up, the device was able to boot up and operate normally.

Currently at this time I am configuring a spare CCR to ship to the location. We recently upgraded two other CCRs from 6.24.x to 6.41.3 with no issue, both OS and firmware, and did a straight jump in versions. We are concerned about performing this upgrade in other sites at this time, as they are remote (+1000 miles away from our primary location). Is this simply an issue of needing to step the version up slowly, is this an issue with the hardware, or is this an issue with this version of the RouterOS? Anyone have any ideas? I know these are out of date, and I'm trying to address that, but I've not run into this issue before with any of the Mikrotik devices we have.

Best,