I want to be able to give a particular multicast stream higher priority from the rest of the traffic on a link so in case of congestion it would still get through without hiccups.
Everything I managed to find in the internet about prioritizing traffic on RouterOS deals with putting the traffic in queues:
1) Mark all traffic going on that link
2) Mark traffic that should be prioritized
3) Put all traffic for that link through a queue tree and make a sub-queue for the priority traffic and give that subqueue a higher priority.
But this method introduces unnecessary queuing and an increase in latency.
Does RouterOS have a simple prioritizing mechanism based on DSCP values? Something like:
1) Set a priority DSCP value to the priority multicast stream in /ip firewall mangle (prerouting)
2) RouterOS takes care of the rest and puts high priority packets on the outgoing interface first.